Trading Places: City Tour of Basel - Focus on Trade & Industry
Basel is a beautiful city with an amazing history, which evident during this walking tour. The aim of this tour is to highlight the success of a city and its contribution to Switzerland history. A city that has preserved its uniqueness based on the principles of tolerance & integration. Furthermore, how the city developed its infrastructure to accommodate it ever evolving trade & Industry. Overall, this is a storytelling experience, sharing the local knowledge of Basel from the middle ages to the vibrant modern day city of Basel.
per adult from
What's included :
- A Local Guide
What's excluded :
- Coffee and/or Tea
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Muensterplatz, Munsterplatz, Basel 4001 Switzerland
A short uphill walk from the middle bridge takes you the main square of the old town of Basel. Here, we explore the one of the important landmarks of Basel; the reformed Munster church. We further investigate the area; a discussion of how the square developed throughout history.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Porte St. Alban, St. Alban-Berg, Basel 4052 Switzerland
One of the three existing city gates of Basel. Here we look closely at the development of the area and how the area has preserved the old city wall of the city. Further the development of the paper industry in Basel.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Rathaus, Marktplatz 9, Basel 4001 Switzerland
The main market square of the city and the town hall. Here, a discussion of the past trading place and the building of the Rathaus and its role as the local government offices of Basel
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Spalen Gate, Spalenvorstadt, Basel 4056 Switzerland
A walk Spalentor highlights the old town on the opposite hill of Basel city. Discovering of the walk of fame and local businesses; traditions that have established in Basel. What is Basel famous for?
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Middle Bridge, Basel, Mittlere Brücke, 4000 Basel, Switzerland
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick our guests from their accommodation stay or meet at the Middle Bridge in Basel
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Spalentor, 4055 Basel, Switzerland
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.