Traditional Hungarian Cooking Class and Market Visit in Budapest with a Local
Learn to make Hungarian goulash and other family recipes with a local expert in her historic apartment in downtown Budapest, a 12-minute walk from the Hungarian State Opera House. Meet Marti at Central Market Hall, the oldest and largest indoor market in Budapest for your market tour. Learn about its history, taste local products and purchase a few ingredients for your cooking class.
Next drive to Marti's home cooking studio, a large and well equipped space for your hands-on cooking class. Learn to cook three dishes from scratch (soup, main course and dessert) during your two-hour cooking class. Marti's knowledge and passion for cooking is evident in the way she explains how to prepare each dish with step-by-step instructions. After cooking, join Marti at the dining table to share (over beer or wine) traditional Hungarian dishes such as goulash or sour cherry soup, chicken paprikash or beef stew, poppy seed bread dumplings or stewed cabbage and for dessert, gerbeaud (layered cake)!
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Private cooking class and market visit with your host Marti
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Private transport between market and Marti's home
What's excluded :
- Hotel transfers
- Private market tour of Central Market Hall. Meet Marti at the market for a gastronomical experience, learning about the history of the place, local produce, tasting new ingredients and buying a few things for your cooking class. Central Market Hall is the oldest and largest indoor market in Budapest. After your market visit, drive 10-minutes to Marti’s home for your cooking class and meal.
• Central Market Hall, Vamhaz korut, 1-3, Budapest 1093 Hungary
• Menu A - Sour cherry soup, chicken paprikas with homemade dumplings and pancake Hungarian style
• Menu B - Fish soup, beef stew with egg barley and Hungarian apple pie
• Menu C - Goulash soup, salty meat pancake hortobagy style and gerbeaud layered cake
• Jewish Menu - Jewish eggs pate with challah, poast goose with sauteed cabbage and mashed potatoes and rugelach (pastry)
Departure Point :Central Market Hall, Budapest, Vámház krt. 1-3, 1093 Hungary
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.