Trails of the Foreign Communities
In the 16th and 17th centuries Ayutthaya was renowned as one of the world’s most prosperous trading kingdoms in Asia, attracting merchants and adventurers from many nations.
Our guided bike tour will take you to see the areas that these people came to regard as home, including the Chinese, Dutch, Muslim, Japanese, Portuguese, Champa and French settlements.
per adult from
6 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- All tours and services as described in the itinerary
- English-speaking guide throughout the tour
- 25 kms of cycling with high-quality mountain bikes – GIANT or similar
- Helmet and drinking water, as well as a snack are provided
- Entry/Admission - Ayutthaya Boat & Travel
What's excluded :
- Transfers to/from Ayutthaya
- Personal expenses
- Our Trails of the Foreign Communities starts in Ayutthaya, the former capital of Thailand and a UNESCO Cultural World Heritage Site, with a visit to the Ayutthaya Historical Study Centre for an overview of the relationship between Ayutthaya and Europeans over the centuries.
Afterwards visit the old Chinese area at Wat Phananchoeng, where the temple is 26 years older than Ayutthaya Kingdom itself. After that, proceed to Baan Hollanda, the Dutch settlement and its museum, before paying a visit to the Japanese village.
Lunch at Baan Kieng Nam, a local riverside restaurant.
Afternoon cycling, following the back roads to Wat Gai Tier where old ships’ anchors can be seen as evidence of our maritime trading history. Continue to Takeah Mosque, an old Mosque in the Muslim community that comes down to us from the Ayutthaya period. Afterwards we will go to visit the Portuguese Settlement and then continue to explore the Muslim villages to witness their day-to-day life and visit their cemetery for high-ranking nobles. The last stop will be Saint Joseph church and the former French community.
By 16:00 get back safe and sound and end your day with cool refreshments.
Departure Point :Ayutthaya
Departure Time :09.30 daily
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Infant meals not included
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Appropriate dress for visiting places of worship
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.