Trakoscan castle and museum of Neanderthals - LITE VERSION
Pick-up at 09:00 AM in front of Your Accommodation. 1:30-hour scenic drive from Zagreb to Trakoscan. Upon arrival, visit of the Castle that lasts max 2 hours. After the Castle Trakošćan we walk to the lake where You can have coffee or take a walk by the lake. Possibility for lunch. Short drive towards Krapina and Neanderthal Museum. After the museum back to Your accommodation.
6 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
- Landing and facility fees
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- TRAKOŠĆAN CASTLE
Trakošćan castle is the most attractive castle in Croatia. It is located in Zagorje, 23 km north – east of Krapina. With 40000 tourists every year it is the most visited castle in Croatia.It was built in 13th century as a small fortress which was a part of Zagorje principality. There are very few facts and information about the beginning of its construction. Since 1953 there has been a permanent exhibition of reconstructed ambience of the Drašković family in the castle, it involves a lot of original baroque furniture and small objects as well, so you can feel as if it hasn’t been long since the owners left the castle.
KRAPINA NEANDERTHAL MUSEUMThis site is one of the most famous and important discoveries of prehistoric people in Europe, and due to that at the end of 19th century the Hušnjakovo hill (Krapina) was listed on the world map of paleontological natural monuments. The museum opened its doors in 2010 and in an interesting way it represents a mysterious way of human evolution. The exhibition is a kind of the time machine which takes us back to the beginning of cosmic evolution and leads us to modern times. The biggest attraction is a hyper realistic reconstruction of a stone age habitat, a work by Elisabeth Daynes, a sculptor. The museum was nominated for European museum award of the year in 2012.
Departure Point :Zagreb
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is formal
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Travelpoint travel agency