Trek from Italy to Switzerland with Transport from Arona
Go on a scenic hike from Italy into Switzerland with this 7-hour trekking excursion from Arona. The trail leads up to Staldhorn Peak and this 1-2 hour hike is very easy. It starts from the highest point of the western Alps accessible by car: The Simplon Pass at 2005 meters. Consequently, the itinerary is one of the most panoramic and spectacular of all.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Any stop on the route for photos or anything else
- Stop to buy local products
- Parking fee
What's excluded :
- Lunches, drinks and any other small personal expense
- Deviations not covered on the route
- Anything else not specifically included
- Meet your guide in Arona, or get picked up at your Arona hotel, to begin this wonderfully scenic hike.
Drive with your group up to the Simplon Pass, the highest point on this trail that can be reached by car. From there, hike up to Staldhorn Peak - a trek of 1-2 hours. The path is steep but very safe and is easy to get to the cross on the summit.
At the summit, the panorama offers a full view of beautiful mountains, rocks, glaciers, and the Swiss Alto Vallese. In the summer season, without snow, it is possible to change the destination substituting the peak of the Staldhorn (2462 meters) with that of Spitzhorli (2726 meters) because the first, in the absence of snow, is quite easy to hike.
Stop for lunch (own expense) and then return to the car for the return drive back to Arona.
Departure Point :Arona (or pick up in hotel if staying in Arona )
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Arona, Largo Duca d'Aosta, in front of the railway station.
( or drop off at hotel if it is in Arona )
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The tour begins approximately at about 8:30am and ending at 5pm
- Hotel pick up is available only if you are staying in one of the hotels in Arona
- Tour starts and finishes in Arona
- Each participant is responsible for their own equipment
- Even in the summer or autumn season, even though there is no snow, there is the possibility to find some puddles on the trail, muddy terrain, snowfields and small streams to wade, so each participant must bring their own shoes and appropriate clothing
- Any trekking takes place on secure paths, without any technical difficulty suitable for everyone including children
- Programs may change due to weather conditions or in case conditions are not safe
- For the Simplonpass trek that takes place in Switzerland it is necessary to have the documents to cross the border (Switzerland is not in EU)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.