Trench Town: Birthplace of Reggae Tour from Port Royal Cruise Port
Experience the birthplace of Reggae on a journey through modern-day Trench Town. Your journey will give you a mixture of the culture, the music, the people; everything that makes Jamaica and Trench Town an experience to remember!
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Port pick up and drop off
- English Speaking Driver/Guide
- Entry/Admission - Trench Town
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Meals and Drinks must be purchased separately
- Gratuities (Optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Trench Town, Kingston Jamaica
Your Trench Town experience begins with your pick-up at the cruise port and you are driven in comfort through the streets of Kingston, Jamaica to the community.
On entering the community, you will immediately feel a change in the atmosphere; what Jamaicans call - "the vibe". It is hard to describe it in words, but you will know it when you feel it. It's a mixture of the culture, the music, the people; everything that makes Jamaica and Trench Town popular destinations for world travelers. After the initial meet and greet, you will embark on a journey of exploration and adventure.
There is a compelling desire and an anxiety to know where the greats of Reggae lived and what kind of experiences shaped the music that has become mainstream among the genres. The Old Ambassador Theater; No Man's Land; Boy's Town; Culture yard; JaMin Recording Studio - these are some of the places you will visit to put you in touch with the culture and the people. The Old Ambassador Theater, is where the diamonds in the rough from Trench Town came to be polished by performing alongside accomplished artists. No Man's Land, the symbol of Jamaica's modern political struggle gave the music its conscious lyrics. Culture Yard, is where the young Bob Marley lived and made the music that catapulted him to international stardom. At JaMin studio you can pretend to be a star yourself; creating memorabilia.
Duration: 3 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Kingston/Port Royal Cruise Port
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.