Trip to Armenian alphabet monumet, Echmiatzin and lavash baking in Aknashen
• Unique opportunity to discover one of the oldest alphabets in the world
• Uncover the oldest Christian structure
• Lavash baking experience at traditional Armenian host family
per adult from
What's included :
- Private transfer by comfortable vehicle
- Hotel pickup/drop-off
- Lavash baking in Aknashen
- Bottled water
- Professional guide or driver-guide service
- Entry/Admission - Armenian Alphabet Monument
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Armenian Alphabet Monument, Artashavan Armenia
In the morning your guide will be waiting for you at your hotel in order to head to the Aragatsotn Province for unveiling the treasure of the Armenian modern architecture, the Alphabet Monument.
Armenia is one of few countries in the world which can boast of its own alphabetical system, created over 1600 years ago by Mesrop Mashtots. In the alphabet garden we will be granted a unique opportunity to see each letter of the alphabet carved out of tufa stone and of course take a picture of you with your human-size initial and snow-capped Mount Aragats in the background.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, Vagharshapat, Armenia
Later, the educational trip will continue in the spiritual center of the country, Echmiatzin. We will explore the Mother Cathedral, originally built between 301 and 303, which has later been restored and is considered precious marvel among religious buildings of the country.
Finally, visit the village Aknashen, and thanks to Armenian hospitality, try delicious specialties prepared specially for you. Take an opportunity to witness and participate in the process of making Armenian traditional flat-bread lavash. In the evening, benefit from a safe and comfortable transfer back to your hotel in Yerevan.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Hotel
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.