Trip to Belum Caves & Gandikota
This is a curated trip to India’s second longest natural cave and to the ancient city of Gandikota which has such an amazing history and is stunning, to say the least!
Gandikota houses a magnificent landscape, a ravine formed by river and mountain, earning it the nickname “India’s Hidden Grand Canyon”. This trip is unique because the places aren't popular in the tourist maps and it makes for the perfect short trip from Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad.
per adult from
What's included :
- 2x Breakfast
- 1x Dinner
- 1x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Kayaks, Life Jacket
- Entry/Admission - Belum Caves
- Entry/Admission - Gandikota Tents
- Entry/Admission - Gandikota Fort
What's excluded :
- Snacks & Drinks
- Upgradation of rooms
Day 1: Drive to Belum and Gandikota
Stop At: Belum Caves, Belum Village, Kurnool 518123 India
We will leave from Chennai by around 2 AM and drive North towards Belum Caves which is the largest and longest cave system that's open to Public, in India. The tour inside Belum caves will take you around 2 hours to finish.
Carry a water bottle and a towel for the walk inside, since it'll be quite warm in Summers.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Gandikota Tents, Gandikota Road, Gandikota 516434 India
After Belum you'll be driven through a very picturesque route to the ancient fort city of Gandikota. Head into the fort and visit the temples, Jama Masjid, Granary and other sites of attraction with the fort.
Sunset is beautiful from the edge of the fort in the western side, behind the big temple.
After sunset, head to the hotel to call it a dat
Duration: 4 hours
• Breakfast: Breakfast in a highway motel
• Lunch: A yummy, Andhra meal for lunch in a local hotel
• Dinner: A-la-Carte dinner in the hotel
Accommodation included: Haritha Resorts, Gandikota
Day 2: Sunrise, hiking & Kayaking
Stop At: Gandikota Fort, Gandikota 516434 India
Wake up early (around 5 AM) and head to the fort to get a seat in one of the vantage points to see the sun rise from behind the huge Canyon. This mesmerizing scene will leave you spell bound!
The huge canyon, the majestic Penna river and the Plateau add charm to the sunrise.
After Sunrise, go back to the hotel to get some tea and breakfast before heading down on a short hike to the river.
Indulge in some Kayaking in the penna river with the towering gorges on both sides! It's one of the most amazing places to Kayak!
Duration: 4 hours
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
In case you stay in a place that's not part of our route, we will give you details for an assembly point where you can meet and join us.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.