Trip to the Pyramids, Sphinx, Saqqara, and Memphis from Hurghada by road
Drive from your hotel in Hurghada to Giza to visit the great Pyramids of Giza plateau, with the giant Sphinx. Then proceed to the first pyramid in history, the step pyramid of Djoser at Saqqara. End your trip at the open air museum of the first capital city of United Egypt, the city of Memphis.
Entrance fees, lunch, and licensed tour guide are included.
Hotel pick up and drop off is included.
per adult from
11 to 13 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Licensed tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Pyramids of Giza
- Entry/Admission - Memphis and Sakkara
What's excluded :
- Drinks and personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pyramids of Giza, Al Haram Str., Giza 12611 Egypt
The Giza Plateau is one of the most important tourist sites in Egypt and has a long history. Amongst a complex of ancient Egyptian royal mortuary and sacred structures you will marvel at the wonderous Great Pyramid of Khufu which is the oldest of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, and the only one to remain largely intact. The pyramids of Khafre and Menkaure create a landscape unparalleled in the Middle East. You will also explore the mysterious Sphinx which is believed to guard the pyramids. To the south of the Sphinx lies the cemetery and town of the Pyramid Builders which is being excavated to this day. The pyramids are a remarkable feat of engineering. But, still the question as to why the pyramids were constructed and how they were made is debated.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Saqqara, Saqqara, Giza Governorate
Saqqara is Egypt’s largest archaeological site and lies in the west bank of the Nile, covering a 7km stretch of the Western Desert. Saqqara served as the cemetery of ancient Memphis and was an active burial ground for more than 3500 years and was the final resting place for deceased pharaohs and their families, administrators, generals and sacred animals. At Saqqara, the oldest complete stone building complex known in history was built during the Third Dynasty this known as the Step Pyramid and was built for King Djoser by his famous royal architect Imhotep. Sixteen other Egyptian kings built pyramids at Saqqara, which are now in various states of preservation or dilapidation including Userkaf, Unas, Pepi I and Pepi II. Many private tombs of the Old Kingdom were also built at Saqqara, the best known of these are Ti, Kagemni, Ptahhotep and Meruruka.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Memphis and Sakkara, Saqqara 12919 Egypt
Memphis was founded by the pharaoh Menes. It was the Capital of Egypt during the Old Kingdom and remained an important city throughout ancient Egyptian history. It occupied a strategic position at the mouth of the Nile Delta. During its golden age, Memphis thrived as a regional centre for commerce, trade, and religion. Memphis was believed to be under the protection of the god Ptah, the patron of craftsmen. It’s great temple, Hut-ka-Ptah (meaning “Enclosure of the ka of Ptah”), was one of the most prominent structures in the city. Memphis today is called Mit Rahina and it is here where our tour will take us to the Open Air Museum where amongst the artefacts you will view the colossus of Ramesses II carved of limestone and measuring about 10 metres in length.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will meet you and your guests at your hotel or suitable location for you and return you to this location at the end of your tour.Airports
- Hurghada Airport, Hurghada Egypt
Departure Time :2:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- We ask that all guests and guides comply with the Ministry’s requirements when visiting archaeological sites and museums
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.