Truffle hunt and food tasting
Join a truffle hunting in the woods with the hunter and his dog, followed by a food tasting which includes a selection of truffle products such as spreads on bruschetta, truffle oil and honey, salami, cheese, breadsticks, wine and other local specialties. This is not a lunch but a generous food tasting which will satisfy your mid-morning or mid-afternoon appetite.
Please note that white truffle season goes from the end of September until January while in the rest of the year only black truffles or other less precious types of truffles might be found.
The tour takes place in a real wood away from Alba, between 25 to 45 minutes drive. You will need your own car to get there, as transport is not included.
Trekking boots and appropriate wear is required as well as the capacity to walk on steep, slippery and uneven paths. A limited number of rubber boots are available, please request one at time of booking.
What's included :
- Truffle hunting with the dog
- A limited number of rubber boots available, please ask at time of booking
- Food tasting in the wood which can change depending on the hunter. This is not a lunch.
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piedmont, Piedmont
The white truffle of Alba grows in a large portion of the hills of Piedmont including the provinces of Asti and Alessandria, up to 45 minutes drive from Alba.
We cannot stress enough the fact that less and less truffles are found in the immediate surroundings of Alba due to the massive cultivation of grapes (wine making) which has led to a significant reduction (or extinction) of woods.
On the contrary, the hills around and south of Asti (called Monferrato) as well as the hills north of Alba (called Roero) still offer larger wilder woods with older trees, where the delicate environment needed for truffles to grow has not been affected yet by agricultural or industrial sprawls.
Depending on availability, we will book your truffle hunt in one of the real truffle woods and we will inform you of the exact location.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1: 12051 Alba, Province of Cuneo, Italy
2: 14049 Nizza Monferrato, Province of Asti, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Wear comfortable shoes
- For younger participants and people who don't drink wine, fruit juice or other beverages will be served instead of wine tasting
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.