Truffle Hunting at Meteora
Participate in a once in a lifetime experience in the woods below Meteora, in the fringes of Pindos mountains. Walk with the truffle hunter and his dogs. Search for rare species of truffle and then eat them with pasta made right in front of you.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Truffle pasta accompanied by local wine. A chef will cook a truffle pasta dish by using the found in truffle hunting truffles such as wild mushrooms.
- Snacks - Taste 5-6 different mushroom products and mushroom sweet, a greek innovation, in the Natural History Museum of Meteora and Mushroom Museum.
- Entrance fee to the Natural History Museum of Meteora & Mushroom Museum
- Truffle Hunting with specially trained dogs
- Guided tour in the Natural History Museum of Meteora and Mushroom Museum
- Entry/Admission - Meteora
- Entry/Admission - Natural History Museum of Meteora & Mushroom Museum
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Transportation. You have to drive or take a taxi to reach out the forest.
- Personal expenses
Take a tour from Kalabaka into the woods around Meteora, beginning at the Meteora Museum. Take your car or a taxi to follow the truffle hunting crew. Walk with the truffle hunter and his dogs to search for rare species of truffle. Specially trained truffle dogs with their trainer are searching for this unique fruit of Greek nature. Learn about the species of truffles that exist there and how they can be used.
When the hunting is over, taste the found truffles in an exceptional truffle pasta dish, cooked by an expert chef right in front of you in an impressive cooking pan that can fill about 50 dishes and enjoy it accompanied by a glass of local wine.
Duration: 2 hours
Location: Meteora, Kastraki, Kalambaka 422 00 Greece
After the end of truffle hunting, head to the Museum. Be guided around both the Natural History Museum and the unique Mushroom Museum. After that, enjoy a mushroom product tasting with 4 to 5 kinds of mushroom products and taste the sweet mushroom which is a Greek innovation.
Duration: 1 hour
Location: Natural History Museum of Meteora & Mushroom Museum, Pindou 20, Kalambaka 422 00 Greece
Departure Point :Natural History Museum of Meteora and Mushroom Museum, Pindou 20, Kalampaka 422 00, Greece
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/19/2020 - 10/5/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.