Tu Lan Caving Trip (2day1night)
This tour is perfect if you are short on time but still want a solid taste of adventure in the amazing Tu Lan jungle and cave system.
You will enjoy exploring Ken Cave, Kim Cave, Hung Ton Cave and of course Tu Lan Cave. You’ll also be subjected to a decent amount of trekking with over 12 km of tough jungle terrain covered over the two days and plenty of swimming!
Once the day’s adventures are over get ready for a night in the jungle at our amazing Tu Lan campsite located by a beautiful waterfall. You’ll enjoy a delicious BBQ beside the campfire before turning in to the sounds of jungle critters and rushing waters of the nearby waterfall.
With climbing, trekking, and swimming through river caves, this will surely be a highlight of your travels in Vietnam.
Note: Unexpected changes on itinerary might happen due to the weather conditions.
We are closed for this tour until November 11.
During this time, our staff will enter the cave to clean up and prepare for the new tourist season.
per adult from
12 to 24 hours
What's included :
- Travel, camping gear and caving equipment
- Transfer, pick-up and drop-off by van
- Guide: English speaking and local guide, support team: ranger and porters
- Meals as dedicated in the itinerary and drinking water
- First aid kit available
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- If you require an invoice, there will be an additional 10% VAT charge
- Adventure level: Moderate-to-High (7km)
*At a Glance: Primary Forest; Tu Lan Cave, Hung Ton Cave, To Mo Valley, Hang Kim Cave, Swimming in Caves (weather permitting), Ken Waterfall, Night Fishing, Overnight in jungle.
Trekking gear: Helmet, Trekking Boots, Headlight, Life Jacket, Hammock, Sleeping Bag.
* Detailed time plan:
Day 1: Phong Nha – Tan Hoa – Hung Ton Cave – Tu Lan (Lunch, Dinner)
07:30: – Pick up from local hotels in Phong Nha village and transfer to Tu Lan Cave for briefing and equipment check.
09:00: – Depart for Tan Hoa Village and drive 70kms through the spectacular Da Deo Mountain Pass.
10:30: – Arrive in Tan Hoa Village and trek across peanut and buffalo fields to the Rao Nan River (2.5km)
11:00: – Cross-river and climb rocky hill before descending into Hung Ton Valley (1km).
11:30: – Arrive at Hung Ton Cave and explore its depths before swimming through the cave to To Mo Valley (200m).
12:00: – Lunch in To Mo Valley at the impressive waterfall campsite. Please contact us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions and
we will do our best to accommodate you.
3:00: – Swim through Kim Cave to enjoy underground waterfalls and where you can try and spot climbing fish (500m).
14:00: – Arrive at Tu Lan Campsite in front of Hang Ken Cave.
15:30: – Visit Tu Lan Valley and Tu Lan Wet and Dry Caves (1.5km).17:00: – Arrive back at campsite. Swimming at Hang Ken Waterfall.
18:00: – Enjoy a tasty BBQ dinner. Overnight in covered hammocks.
Day 2: Tu Lan Cave – Hang Ken Cave – Dong Hoi (Breakfast, Lunch)
07:00: – Breakfast
08:00: – Explore the impressive Ken Cave and swim in the underground river (200m).
09:30: – Trek over the limestone-mountains to Hung Ton Valley, where you will cross the scrub back to the river (4km).
12:30: – Cross the Rao Nan River and trek back across the peanut fields to Tan Hoa (2.5km).
13:00: – Lunch at local homestay in Tan Hoa Village. Vegetarian option available. Please contact us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions and we will do our best to accommodate you.
14:30: – Pick-up in Tan Hoa and transfer to Phong Nha village (Son Trach commune).
17:00: – Arrive Phong Nha village and transfer to local hotels.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Centrally located in Phong Nha Town
Departure Time :7:30am Tuesday. Thursday, Saturday
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We can provide this tour to and from Dong Hoi hotels or bus & train station. Please contact us for pricing and availability.
- Private tours are available, please send us your requests for more details.
- You will be provided with quality helmets, life jackets, headlights and trekking boots (sizes 38 – 46). All camping gear will also be provided and carried by your porters.
- Adventure level: Moderate-to-High (7km)
- Trekking gear: Helmet, Trekking Boots, Headlight, Life Jacket, Hammock, Sleeping Bag.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.