Tuscan Cooking Class by Le Caggiole
Kitchen has always been the fulcrum of this home, where my family is living since more than 7 generations.
I have always been fascinated by my grandmother's ability to prepare awesome dishes from Tuscan tradition, always with few, simple but precious ingredients.
That cultural heritage was in danger of disappearing: I spent a lot of time cooking with her, trying to learn her recipes and secrets.
In the end, I realized that she had given me a bigger gift: I had assimilated her cooking philosophy!
Then, I realized that tradition is not a dusty book but a living thing able also to adapt to new conditions, and even improve.
I studied ingredient's seasonality, their sustainable production systems, new cooking techniques, techniques of tasting: almost without realizing it, in the meantime, I became Chef and finally, also Sommelier.
Since a lot of years, I decided to share this path: a long path that is not yet finished...
per adult from
What's included :
- Tasting of all the dishes prepared togheter
- Each dish will be paired with a specific selected local wine
- Aprons, all necessary kitchen tools
- Block notes and a pencil
What's excluded :
We'll meet on our own terrace, with a gorgeous view, where you’ll have the opportunity to meet the other classmates.
We'll move inside: talking about of our organic farm, our vegetable garden, I'll introduce the schedule for the day, assigning your work stations and giving you the necessary to cook together.
I'll talk about the quality and genuineness of ingredients we will use.
"Good and Simple" is the base of our cooking philosophy: one of our intents is to give to you the "tools" to choose the best ingredients needed, when you will be back home.
Our lesson is dynamic and include different experiences: cooking lesson, cooking show, food tasting, wine tasting and last but not least, also the friendly and funny social experience, with the other classmates!
After about 3 hours of preparations, you will start to taste the 5 courses menù, wich include: -appetizers
-two types of fresh pasta: Pappardelle and Gnocchi
-two sauces for pasta
-a dish with the noble "Chianina beef"
I'm also a Sommelier, so, paired to each dish you'll taste a different local wine I selected for this sensorial path.
The class will end on our amazing terrace, enjoying the dessert and the view!
• Farmhouse Le Caggiole, Via Provinciale Montepulciano, 12, 53045 Montepulciano SI, Italy
Departure Point :Traversa di Montepulciano, 12, 53045 Montepulciano SI, Italy
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Much of the lesson takes place on its feet.
- You must advise before to complete the booking about any dietary intollerance and/or food allergies.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.