Tyre, Sidon and Maghdouche Day Trip from Beirut
Enjoy a full-day trip from Beirut to the fascinating Lebanese cities of Tyre (a UNESCO World Heritage), Sidon and Maghdouche. With your local expert guide, you’ll visit three of the most beautifully preserved towns in Lebanon and discover many cultural influences. Admire wonderful buildings such as the Crusader Cathedral of Tyre, the Sidon Sea Castle and the Al-Saydeh Ancient Church in Maghdouche. Immerse yourself in a world of colorful history and spirituality on this full-day trip from Beirut.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Driver/professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off is included if the guests are staying in Hotels only located within Beirut City (not Hostels, airbnb, or private apartment)
- Entry/Admission - Tyre
- Entry/Admission - Crusaders Sea Castle
- Entry/Admission - The Great al-Omari Mosque
What's excluded :
- After a one-hour drive from Beirut by comfortable coach, your day trip starts in the magnificent city of Tyre, built by the Romans. Tyre is a UNESCO World Heritage-listed city notable today for its modern cityscape with high-rise buildings, but the remains of its Roman streets, arcades and public buildings, including one of the largest hippodromes of the period, are Tyre's major attractions. The inner city has also retained its industrious maritime character and its interesting old-style houses. Tour the city with your guide on a walking tour and enjoy the breathtaking places.
Continuing your day trip, leave Tyre for the breathtaking city of Sidon, a thriving commercial center serving the entire region. Admire the ruins of the Sidon Sea Castle and the Castle of Saint-Louis, known as the Land Castle. Explore the impressive Great Mosque with your guide, and hear how it was built in the 16th century on the foundations of a Crusader building. Then enjoy lunch: a selection of hot and cold meze (Middle Eastern small dishes) or tapas at a traditional Lebanese restaurant.
Next it's on to Maghdouche, a short journey away by coach. See the city’s interesting monuments, such as the Old Cave or the Al-Saydeh Ancient Church. At the town’s entrance, on a high hill looking back at the city of Sidon, stands the statue of Lady Mantara, Maghdouche's most famous landmark.
After your visit in Maghdouche, you'll return to Beirut with your local guide.
Please note: Though the US Department of State has issued a warning against travel to Lebanon due to safety and security concerns, Viator’s Lebanon tours continue to operate with no disruptions. We are in frequent contact with our local suppliers and guides in Lebanon, and they report that all tours are operating as scheduled. Should the situation change, we will update this information and customers will be notified of alterations or cancellations to tours.
Departure Point :Beirut, Beirut
Traveler pickup is offered
We Pick up all guests from Hotels located in Beirut City Only. Pick up starts from 07:45 am. Guests should be ready in the lobby from 07:45 am.We don't pick up from hotels outside Beirut, or from Hostels, airbnb, and private apartments, in this case guests should come to our office at 08:00 to join the tour.If the hotel was not provided 48 hours before the tour departure date, then the guests should be present at our office at 08:00 am, as no pick up will be provided for last minute hotel details.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.