U Street: Food, History, and Street Art Tour
Experience a culinary exploration in one of DC’s iconic neighborhoods. Here, you will discover what makes U Street so delicious. This adventure will satisfy your stomach and leave you excited to explore more of our delicious city.
As you stroll through these famous streets, you can learn how music has shaped the culture starting with ‘Black Broadway’ and the jazz era. You’ll learn about other great eats, how the architecture has shaped the city, and the ways the neighborhood has evolved over the last century.
Explore one of DC's great neighborhoods and go on a culinary adventure. Whether you are looking for somewhere to take a date, or out of town guests, this food tour will satisfy all appetites.
Please indicate any food allergies when booking.
A portion of each ticket sale is donated to Bread For The City, an organization who provides food, clothing, medical care, and legal and social services to reduce the burden of poverty for DC residents.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local/professional guide
- Historical Content
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: U Street, Washington DC, DC
Our tour will take place predominantly along the U St corridor, which is rich with history. We'll stop in several places between restaurants to share the history and culture of this diverse neighborhood.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Lincoln Theatre, 1215 U St NW, Washington DC, DC 20009-4442
We'll stop outside of Lincoln Theater and speak briefly about the history of the building and events that have happened there.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: African American Civil War Memorial & Museum, 1925 Vermont Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20001-4125
We'll point out the African American Civil War Memorial, outside of the Civil War Museum. We encourage everyone to return and explore the memorial and the museum on your own time.
Departure Point :1213 U St NW, Washington, DC 20009, USA
Departure Time :11:30 AM
Return Detail :1405 T St NW, Washington, DC 20009, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We have adapted our routes and practices so that our tours will no longer be going inside restaurants. Rather, your guide will coordinate pick-up of tastings. We are also working closely with our restaurant partners to ensure that they are complying with all recommended safe practices.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Blue Fern Travel