Uhuru Peak 5 Days Guided Hiking Tour from Marangu
Come as a client, Leave as a friend. Welcome to Mount Kilimanjaro.
Enjoy this 5 day Itinerary, with mountain guides and pickup from your Hotel in Moshi. You will depart from Mangaru to Uhuru Peak and descend.
With our professional, friendly and attention to detail approach, you will not only enjoy your visit here, but also fall in love with almost everything. We consider you a friend, and your adventure with us will prove that.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- • All nights accommodation on the mountain • Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- • Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees • Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food:
- • Clean, purified drinking water: • Fair and ethical treatment of porters:
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- • Tanzania Visa: $50 per person on arrival • Personal Expenses (e.g. laundry, telephone, beverages
- • Optional Tours (short safari after your climb etc) • Tips and any items of personal nature.
Day 1: Marangu to Mandara Hut
Climbers are taken to Marangu Gate, from your hotel. The gate is at an altitude of about 1,600 metres, at the entrance to the rain forest. The trail climbs through the lush forest to Mandara Hut, at 2,700 metres. This walk takes around 4 hours at a gentle pace.
Day 2: Mandara to Horombo Hut
Climbers leave Mandara by about 9 o’clock. The first half hour or so continues through the rain forest after which the trail emerges into alpine moorland for the approximately 7 hour walk to Horombo which is at 3,700 metres.
Day 3: Horombo to Kibo Hut
There are 2 paths from Horombo Hut to Kibo Hut. The “upper route” is the older path, heading quite steeply uphill from Horombo to the foot of Mawenzi, a climb of about 600 metres. This path then descends to the “saddle”,
Day 4: Kibo Hut to Summit, then descent to Horombo Hut.
Climbers are woken at about 11pm. After dressing in all their warm clothing, they have a hot drink and then set off at midnight.
Day 5: Horombo Hut to the Park Gate.
The descent from Horombo to Mandara Hut takes around 3 hours, and the final part of the descent through the forest to Marangu Gate takes another 2 hours.
• Marangu, Marangu, Kilimanjaro Region
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.