Ultimate Chocolate Tour in Montreal with Included Tastings
Meet the most passionate chocolate makers and connoisseurs in Montreal on this guided, 4 hour, chocolate-tasting walking tour. From a bean-to-bar chocolate maker to a chocolatier making confections with chocolate made in Montreal, to a chocolate tasting in the style of a wine tasting, to a Mexican restaurant for mole and the history of chocolate as well as other surprises on the way, you will see and taste all angles of chocolate. Learn the hows or whys of chocolate, develop your nose and be ready to explore the subtleties of high-quality single-origin chocolate.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tasting of at least 9 chocolates, a chocolate infusion, a traditional Mexican chocolate drink and a light savoury chocolate based meal
- A look at bean-to-bar and chocolate convection production
- The best Montreal can offer in chocolate
- Certified guide or chocolate connoisseur
- Includes a bag for purchases with some documents
- Entry/Admission - Mile-End
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions (It's a walking tour)
- Gratuities for the guide (recommended)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mile-End, Montreal, Quebec Canada
This 4 hour chocolate tour begins at chocolate factory- a bean-to-bar chocolate maker's production site. Learn about the process of making chocolate and listen to the owner's personal story. See the beans and other parts of the process that take place, all while tasting three chocolates, made mostly with single-origin beans.
Afterwards, walk to a small Mexican restaurant through the Mile End neighborhood. Enjoy a light meal with mole tamales, agues frescas and traditional Mexican chocolate as well as an explication of chocolate in Mesoamerica during the Colonial period. Take the opportunity to hear about the owner and chef of the restaurant and peruse her privately imported Mexican products.
Then walk through the Mile End with quick stops at a historic site to learn about the origins of the neighborhood. Leave the Mile-End for the Mile-Ex. Arrive at a cocktail and high high end knife shop for a tasting of two cocktails or virgin cocktails. Finish at a bean-to-bar boutique for a chocolate tasting, a cacao drink and a tasting of confections made with single origin chocolate. Taste three very different chocolates with an explanation of how to sample them and a tasting wheel to help with the vocabulary for chocolate tasting. Then contrast with the confections. There will then be time to shop and ask questions.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :5333 Avenue Casgrain, Montréal, QC H2T 1X3, Canada
Return Detail :État de choc, 6466 Boul St-Laurent, Montréal, QC H2S 3C4, Canada
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. There is about 40 minutes of walking total which comes to about 2 km
- The tour runs regardless of weather conditions and seasonality so please dress appropriately
- Please notify your local tour operator of any food restrictions
- We suggest that you bring a reusable bottle of water in the goal of creating less waste, but we will provide one for those who do not
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides and guests are required to wear masks as well as wash hands upon arrival and departure at each site. Each traveller will be given their own portion of food and they will not take from communal plates. Groups will be limited to 8 or 10 people depending on the tour. Tours can be made private.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.