Ultimate Grand Canyon Private Day Tour
Of all the full day tours I've given over the years, this is the one that really wows the most. It's so all encompassing with the Wupatki native ruin site experience, Sunset Crater volcanic site, Walnut canyon (may be effected by weather/ park gate closures) and painted desert viewing so that when one arrives to the Grand Canyon they come in with full breath of readiness to experience it.
per adult from
What's included :
- Parking Fees
- Entry/Admission - Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument
- Entry/Admission - Wupatki National Monument
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Lunch is not included in tour fee, we recommend to bring snacks or a packed lunch.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sunset Crater Volcano National Monument, U.S 89 to Sunset Crater - Wupatki Loop road, Flagstaff, AZ 86004
The cinder cone volcano's rim is the dusky red of sunset, but the crater is only part of the story. Around 1085 the ground began to shake, and lava spewed high into the air. When the eruption finished, it had changed both the landscape and the people who lived here. Today, it teaches how nature and humankind affect each other—and how rebirth and renewal happen in the wake of disaster.
Now in present day, we look at this anomaly of volcanic debris as a great testing ground for astrological testing, as the surface of the ground at Sunset crater is very much the same as the surface of the moon, and during the Apollo moon missions, the equipment and rover testing was done here at the national monument.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Wupatki National Monument, 25137 N. Sunset Crater-Wupatki Loop Rd., Flagstaff, AZ 86004-2759
Nestled between the Painted Desert and ponderosa highlands of northern Arizona, Wupatki is a landscape of legacies. Ancient pueblos dot red-rock outcroppings across miles of prairie. Where food and water seem impossible to find, people built pueblos, raised families, farmed, traded, and thrived. Today, if you linger and listen, earth and artifacts whisper their stories to us still.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Grand Canyon National Park, Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
A view and experience the entire world has heard about, but taking the trip and seeing for yourself is an entirel new and mind boggling feeling and is difficult to take all in at once. Its an unforgettable time that shows us the immense size and and scale of earth, and ourselves.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :28 Finley Dr, Sedona, AZ 86336, USA
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.