Ultimate Whitehaven Beach Hike, Hill Inlet and Lookout
# Cruise the wonderful Whitsunday Islands
# Up to 6 hours at Whitehaven Beach
# Guided Hill Inlet walk, lookout and beaches
# Informative commentary
# Guided bushwalk to Solway Circuit Lookout & Chance Bay
# Lunch for you to enjoy on the Beach
What to Bring
Please bring swimwear, towel, protective clothing, hat, sunscreen lotion and a light jacket or sweater during the cooler months. You may also wish to bring money / credit card for any optional purchases. Don't forget to bring your camera.
- Up to 6 hours at Whitehaven Beach
- Guided Hill Inlet walk, lookout and beaches
- Informative commentary
- Guided bushwalk to Solway Circuit Lookout & Chance Bay
- Lunch for you to enjoy on the beach
- Day 1 : Cruise Whitsundays: Ultimate Whitehaven Beach Hike, Hill Inlet and Lookout"Walk up to the Hill Inlet lookout, chill out on Whitehaven Beach and explore the beautiful Chance Bay. What an amazing day out! This day cruise allows you to spend more time exploring the wonders of Whitehaven Beach that any other cruise. Spend the whole day experiencing all the wonders of the magnificent Whitehaven Beach area. Indulge in the ultimate experience of Whitehaven Beach; from the Northern end exploring the spectacular Hill Inlet, to the Southern – swimming, hiking, sunbathing, soaking up the sun. No other day cruise offered allows you so much time to explore the wonders of Whitehaven Beach! Begin your Whitehaven experience ashore at the Southern end where our crew will advise of the times for the day’s activities – including the trip to Hill Inlet at the Northern end of the beach and the walking tours. These will vary depending on conditions. Enjoy a leisurely cruise, in our smaller Whitehaven based vessel, along the full length of Whitehaven and across Hill Inlet to the landing point. From here a guided walk following the path and history of the Whitsunday traditional owners, the Ngaro people, will lead you to the lookout and that picture postcard view! There are informative displays along the way that will provide an insight into the history, flora and stories of this picturesque area. A leisurely pace ensures all fitness levels are catered for, and guests take the time to enjoy this superb spiritual place. On return to the Southern end, your guide will let you know what time the departure for the walk to Solway Circuit and Chance Bay. The Guided Bushwalk to Solway Circuit Lookout (1.2km) and is approximately 30 minutes walking at a steady pace and regularly stopping for commentary and picture perfect moments. Walk past impressive grasstrees, cycads and rock fern, with beautiful views over Solway Passage, Pentecost and Haslewood islands. Once at Solway Circuit, there is the option to continue on the walk to beautiful Chance Bay (7.2km return) and is a leisurely 90 minutes return. Walk through Whitsunday Island’s forest and woodlands to a secluded beach at Chance Bay. On arrival, you’ll have time to have a swim before the return walk. If you’re after the relaxing option; wander back to Whitehaven Beach to your own secluded stretch, laze on the beach or cool off in the azure waters for the afternoon. Cruise staff will have water, beach shades and beach game items on shore for your use throughout the day. Toilet facilities are located close by. A delicious lunch is included for you to enjoy on the beach. Cold drinks will be available on the beach, just purchase your vouchers on the boat before disembarking. Full day guests will travel out on the morning half day cruise vessel and then return on the afternoon day vessel. A Cruise Whitsundays’ host/guide will remain with the full day guests throughout the day and can provide informative commentary. Your day cruise vessel has air conditioned interior saloons and seating areas outside. Please note: to keep Whitehaven Beach, pristine and as untouched as possible there are no shops or cafes and only limited toilet facilities."Meals :Lunch
The Whitehaven Beach Hill Inlet and Lookout cruise departs daily from Port of Airlie and Hamilton Island. Departure times can be seen at http://www.cruisewhitsundays.com/ or with the front desk at your accommodation. Changes may occur due to flight schedule changes and other factors. Where a Day Cruise is cancelled we will send notification to the contact details provided at the time of your booking.