Uncovering the tales of Frankfurt's New Old Town on an audio tour
If you like the nooks and crannies of an old town, then this self-guided audio tour is for you. You’ll take a step back into a distant past nestled within this bustling modern metropolis, and meet emperors, merchants, and even the aunt of an author! Along the way, you’ll discover why Frankfurt had to rebuild a lot of its old town, visit a reconstructed medieval courtyard, and find your way to Roman and Carolingian ruins.
The tour also points out places that are free to visit and will keep you dry if it’s a rainy day! As well as places to stop for a quick nibble or a glass of wine.
The landmarks include:
• The stunning architecture of the old Hühnermarkt
• A Renaissance house that cost 8 million Euros
• St Paul's Church, the “cradle of German democracy”
• Hidden post-modernist houses
Let’s take a stroll into the heart of the old town together and look into all its corners and see what we find behind its facades.
per adult from
35 to 50 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Frankfurt Tourist Information Romer, Roemerberg 27, 60311 Frankfurt, Hesse Germany
The tour begins outside the Romer in Frankfurt.
Pass By: Frankfurt Cathedral, Domplatz 1, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
The tour goes around the Frankfurt Cathedral
Pass By: Huhnermarkt, 60311 Frankfurt, Hesse Germany
The tour passes by the Hühnermarkt chicken market.
Pass By: Krönungsweg, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
The tour goes along the Krönungsweg (Coronation way) in Frankfurt.
Pass By: Old Nicholas Church (Alte Nikolaikirche), Roemerberg 11, 60311 Frankfurt, Hesse Germany
The tour passes by the Old St Nicholas Church.
Pass By: Eiserner Steg, 60547 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
The tour briefly goes onto the Iron Bridge where you'll have a lovely view before continuing on.
Pass By: Roemer Kaisersaal, Roemerberg 27, 60311 Frankfurt, Hesse Germany
The tour briefly passes through the Kaisersaal.
Pass By: St. Paul's Church (Paulskirche), Paulsplatz 11, 60311 Frankfurt, Hesse Germany
The tour ends outside of St. Paul's Church.
Departure Point :Frankfurt Tourist Information Römer, Römerberg 27, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/14/2020 - 11/1/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :St. Paul's Church, Paulsplatz 11, 60311 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.