Vancouver Island Cycling Tour including Lunch and Wine Tasting
Explore the breathtaking beauty of Vancouver Island on your full day biking adventure. Cycle along the Lochside Trail through the Saanich Peninsula and Elk/Beaver Lake Regional Park to a beautiful vineyard perched on top of a hill. Enjoy a wine tasting on the grounds while you admire the spectacular vistas over Vancouver Island, the San Juan Islands and the Olympic Peninsula. Your tour includes bicycle rental and helmet, lunch and refreshments at a local farm to table cafe, transportation for the day, ferry tickets, and a wine tasting. This trip is suitable for adventurous people of all ages, with a basic to moderate level of fitness.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private bus
- Use of bicycle and helmet
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Tour escort/host
- All activities
- Wine tasting
- Bottled water
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Devine Distillery & Winery
What's excluded :
- Start the day with a direct pickup in a private bus from your downtown Vancouver hotel or centrally located meeting point and drive to the ferry terminal at Tsawwassen. The ferry trip provides a relaxed start to the morning with an opportunity for wildlife viewing and spectacular views of the Salish Sea & Gulf Islands. You'll cross the Straight of Georgia and arrive at Swartz Bay on Vancouver Island where you begin your cycle along the Lochside Trail.
Pedal along the trail and through the Saanich Peninsula enjoying the gorgeous sights this coastline has to offer. Breath in the fresh sea air before making your way inland where you will stop for lunch at a local "farm to table" cafe, serving fresh ingredients from the area. After lunch, head to Elk/Beaver Lake Regional Park where you'll cycle around the lake enjoying the pristine nature and tranquility en route to DevIne Vineyard. The final push up the hill into the winery is deservedly rewarded with a refreshing taste of the crisp and opulent wines this region offers. One can sit back, relax and take in the magnificent views over the Saanich Peninsula and beyond. Following the wine tasting, make your way back to the ferry terminal along quiet country roads and trails. At Swartz bay, board the ferry and make the voyage back to Vancouver.
One can expect to cycle approximately 55 km (34 miles) on professionally maintained trails and quiet country roads. The route can be made longer or shorter depending upon the desires of the group. The duration of the tour is between 9 and 12 hours depending upon the speed of the group and route taken.
Departure Point :You'll be picked up from centrally located accommodations in downtown Vancouver or from one of the three centrally located pick up locations: • Yaletown-Roundhouse Train Station • The Cactus Club Cafe at English Bay • Burrard Train Station beside The Hyatt Regency Hotel
Departure Time :7:30am
**You must contact local tour operator to reconfirm pickup time and location**
Return Detail :Returns to the original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You must contact local tour operator to reconfirm pickup time and location*
- Please include your email in the 'special requirements' section at checkout*
- Tour participants are recommended to wear loose fitting, comfortable clothing and footwear
- Tour participants are recommended to bring sun screen
- Tour participants are advised to bring extra water and snacks
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A maximum of 12 people per booking
- A moderate amount of cycling is involved with a 34-mile (55-km) cycle
- Tour participants should have a basic level of fitness
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.