Vardzia, Rabati, and Borjomi from Tbilisi
Taking from Tbilisi a one day-tour to Vardzia is an amazing opportunity for an unforgettable experience of your time in Georgia. On the way to this magnificent ancient cave town, which was built in rocks, you will enjoy nature and discover a completely restored Rabati fortress in the town of Akhaltsikhe. Don’t miss the chance to visit one of the most prominent historical sights of the South Caucasus.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Borjomi Central Park
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee to Vardzia (15 GEL per person)
- Entrance fee to Rabati fortress (15 GEL per person)
- Entry/Admission - Khertvisi Fortress
- Entry/Admission - Vardzia
- Entry/Admission - Rabati Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Friendly.Ge, Tbilisi Georgia
We will begin our tour in Tbilisi. Guide and driver in the morning will pick you up from the hotel anywhere in Tbilisi.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Khertvisi Fortress, Vil. Khertvisi, Aspindza 0500 Georgia
This is one of the oldest fortresses in Georgia and was functional throughout the Georgian feudal period. It is situated in Southern Georgia, in Meskheti region. The fortress was first built in the 2nd century BC. The church was built in 985, and the present walls were built in 1354. As the legend says, Khertvisi was destroyed by Alexander the Great.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vardzia, Erusheti Mountain, Aspindza 383770 Georgia
Vardzia - the monastery dating back to the twelfth century AD, located on the banks of the river Mtkvari is one of the most important historical sites in Georgia. Similar to the cave towns that can be found in Goreme region, Turkey, however this one is even bigger, carved out of the entire wall of the cliff, with beautifully decorated church. The location, in the middle of a huge gorge, offers unforgettable views. Until this day, some monks still live in those caves.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Rabati Castle, Akhaltsikhe Georgia
Built in the 13th century, Rabati castle developed under the influence of diﬀerent cultures over subsequent centuries and this is reflected in its architecture. Within the 7 hectares castle complex there is a Church, a Mosque, a Minaret and a Synagogue.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Borjomi Central Park, 50, 9 Aprili Street, Borjomi 1200 Georgia
Borjomi is a famous resort town, popular for its distinct mineral water. The water from the well here is several times stronger than the Borjomi water you can buy in the shops. Borjomi has many hotels and was very popular in soviet times, of which you will still find many buildings in the city. Above the centre of the city there lies a plateau with a ferris wheel and further hotels, providing a great view over the region and mountains. Furthermore, the nearby Borjomi Kharagauli National Park is the largest in Georgia and a popular hiking destination.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will contact you to clarify the address from where you pick up
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.