Vatican City 3h Walking Tour in Rome
Discover the treasures of the Vatican on this skip-the-line access tour. Your guide will reveal a world of secrets and intrigue as they take you around the Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St Peter’s Basilica.
Your guide will take you to admire the best of the papal collections. Wander through the Gallery of the Candelabra, Gallery of Maps, Gallery of Tapestries, and the Courtyard of the Pinecone. See works by the most renowned artists of their times, from Raphael to Rodin. Discover one of the most important collections of Roman portrait busts, with over a thousand pieces on show in the Chiaramonte Museum.
Marvel at the incomparable decoration of the Sistine Chapel. Michelangelo’s frescoes, some of the most famous in the world, are the largest ever painted by one man and are truly testament to his incredible talent. As is the Pietà in St Peter’s Basilica, where you will learn about the fascinating history of the church, from the times of Peter the Apostle himself to the present day.
per adult from
What's included :
- Expert tour guide
- Free Wi-Fi at the meeting point and recharging services
- Bathroom access
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Stanze di Raffaello
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
What's excluded :
- Gratuities/ tips (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Beat the queues and enter into one of the largest art galleries in the world with your semi-private guide at your side. Discover the 2000 years of art spanned in the papal collection, and compare the majestic ancient statues of the Pio Clementino rooms with the intricate Renaissance displays in the Gallery of the Tapestries. Listen as your guide captivates you with tales of artistic genius and highlights the most fascinating details for your group.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Stanze di Raffaello, Viale Vaticano, Vatican City Italy
.A true highlight of the Vatican Museums, a visit to the Raphael Rooms is a not-to-be-missed opportunity. Discover the frescoes of the legendary Renaissance artist and see with your own eyes the talent of his work. Admire the result of Pope Julius II’s choice to commission Raphael to paint the Pope’s private apartments, as you listen to stories from the High Renaissance.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
.Complete your Vatican Museums’ experience as you arrive at the most revered room: the Sistine Chapel. The papal chapel’s holy significance is displayed in its outstanding artistic beauty, home to Michelangelo’s iconic ceiling and wall frescoes. Marvel at the intricate details and vivid colour of works that include ‘The Last Judgment’ and ‘The Creation of Adam’.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Enter into one of the most famous churches in the world and stand at the centre of the Catholic world. Feel the reverential atmosphere around you as you take in the astonishing beauty of this vast church. Admire the contributions of Bernini and Michelangelo as you appreciate the statues, mosaics, and artwork of the iconic Basilica.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Departure Point :Via Germanico, 8, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- On Wednesdays, Easter, Christmas and other religious holidays and feasts, Saint Peter’s Basilica will be closed. In that case, a three-hour tour will be offered inside the Vatican Museums.
- Please note- the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica maintains a strict dress code year-round. All visitors must have their shoulders covered and pants/skirts must come to the knee. Please wear comfortable shoes.
- The Vatican and St. Peter’s Basilica have strict security restrictions. Due to metal detectors at the entrances of most attractions, It is forbidden to bring the following: Sharp objects, aerosol, bike, bag packs etc.
- All students should have their student identity card in order to get the discount for the admission fee
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.