Vatican for Kids Private Tour With Access to Cabinet of the Masks
With this 3-hour private tour of the world-renowned Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peter’s Basilica, the whole family will be captivated by stunning works of art and learn about mythology!
Tour at your own pace, accompanied by a child-friendly expert guide and enjoy visual aids that bring to life the world’s smallest State and the huge collection of art housed inside it. Your kids get to enjoy the magic the Cabinet of the Masks, an area closed to the general public. Hidden stories, fascinating mythology and enchanting art pieces await discovery! Join us for a Vatican adventure and give your children the gift of discovering the magnificence of Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel frescoes and St. Peter's Basilica's breathtaking Baldacchino and Pietà for lifetime memories!
Interactive, fun and educational this Vatican Accredited tour is the perfect choice for anybody looking to visit the Vatican with children.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide for 3 hours
- Child friendly guide
- Private tour
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
You will explore the highlights of the Vatican museums, where your kids will be captivated by Emperor Nero’s massive bathtub as well as the Cabinet of the Masks, an areas usually closed to the general public.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Your next stop will be the breath-taking Sistine Chapel. Your children will be out of world seeing Michelangelo's masterpiece.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
You will then visit St Peter’s Basilica, where your guide will continue to entertain you with fascinating information and anecdotes about the Michelangelo's PIetà and Bernini's Baldachin.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Via Vespasiano, 28, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Saint Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant from 0 to 5 years old are free of charge. Kids aged 6 years old and older pay as adult.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- St Peter's Basilica is a Church and as such the Vatican can decide to close it for religious functions without any notice. We are not responsible for unexpected closure of the Basilica. When the Basilica of St. Peter is closed for religious functions, you will spend longer time in the Vatican galleries with your guide.
- Please be on time to avoid losing entry and thus missing the tour.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Please note that, for disabled visitors with certified invalidity of more than 74%, the Vatican Museums offers free entry that is extended to a companion for visitors who are not self-sufficient. To benefit from this, make sure you mention it at the time of booking so that our staff may handle your request.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please make sure you ask the guide any curiosities you may have during the tour, we want to ensure you have the very best experience!
- Please bring comfortable shoes and a refillable water bottle.
- No shorts above the knees, no sleeveless t-shirts are permitted, no big backpacks are allowed, no big umbrellas are permitted, no pointed objects are allowed.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Rome Private Guides is glad to inform you that all our “Small group tours” and “Private Tours” comply with the protocols and guidelines suitable to guarantee the performance of our service in safe conditions to prevent Covid-19. The safety and health of our clients and staff is our highest priority.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.