Vatican Group Tour with Exclusive Papal Audience Experience
Every Wednesday, the Vatican Group Tours are enriched by privileged admission to the audience with the Holy Father at St. Peter’s Square (or Nervi Hall during winter time). After receiving the blessings from the Pope, you will venture through the walls of the smallest sovereign state in the World and, with a professional guide, continue your experience along the Vatican Museum to see the masterpieces of famous Renaissance artists and, finally, experience the breathtaking Sistine Chapel.
The Papal Audience has an approximate duration of 3 hours and the Vatican Group Tour around 2.5 hours.No guide is foreseen during the Papal Audience. Please bear in mind Vatican dress code requires that shoulders and knees must be covered to enter St. Peter’s Basilica.
per adult from
3 to 7 hours
What's included :
- Professional English Speaking guide for the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel tour
- Free invitations for the Papal Audience
- Headsets to hear your guide clearly
- Fast track entrance to Saint Peter's Basilica
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and Drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Guide service during the Papal Audience
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: St. Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The audience will be held in Saint Peter's Square. In case of bad weather it will be held in Nervi hall
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Discover the treasures hosted by one of the largest and most-visited museums of the world enriched by a huge number of masterpieces collected through time.
Taking a spectacular big spiral staircase you will be introduced to the impressive greatness of the Vatican Museum.
Admire the best of the ancient world visiting the Greek and Roman sculpture section. A collection of classical art masterpieces where admire the beauty of several sculpture groups, as for example the statue of Laocoön and His Sons that is one of the most famous ancient sculptures.
Pass by the Chandelier Gallery, named by the several marble chandelier decorating this section.
Be astonished by the elegant Tapestry gallery, wallpapered by the finest tapestry worldwide, realized by Raphael's disciples.
Visit the Maps Gallery, a complete exhibition of maps representing Italy as it was seen by cartographer in 1581.
Enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of the Vatican Garden
and much more ...
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Towards the end of this tour you will visit the beautiful Sistine Chapel to admire Michelangelo’s masterpiece: The Last Judgement.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
You will visit the Basilica at your leisure, without the guide. Inside you can admire some Baroque masterpieces and the breathtaking Pietà by Michelangelo. You can also enjoy a moment of reflection in the Vatican caves.
Departure Point :Via Leone IV, 6, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :7:45 AM
Return Detail :Saint Peter's Square, Piazza San Pietro, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Customers have a mandatory meeting time stated 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time due to managing and organizational reasons.If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules you will not be entitled to a refund.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and Vatican Museum. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Guided service only for the Vatican Musuem & Sistine Chapel tour.
- Papal Audience is a public event. Therefore, it is not possible to reserve seats.
- To get inside the monuments it is used group ticket and not individual one. It cannot be can asked just the ticket entrance.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The activity can suffer 20/30 min variation due to organizational resons
- Please be advised capacity regulations and security may delay the tour departure This could also influence the smooth running of the tour especially on national holidays and events.
- Cancellations, changes or issues due to weather, security and events held by the monument are beyond our control and are directly decided by their administration team. These issues will be reviewed by us and dealt with on an individual basis but are the responsibility of the monument.
- You must have a valid photo ID to enter the monuments (student's ID, Driver License, Passport or State ID all work.) You will be asked to also provide your name, last name and date of birth (at the beginning of the tour, if not provided beforehand.) Security may prevent you from entering the site if the information provided is not accurate and/or don't match the one on your ID.
- Child discount is applied only with a valid ID card
- Note: tour will not operate on religious holidays
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- All visitors must pass through the monument/attraction security check please allow at least 20 minutes to clear security.
- Please be aware that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the monument/ attraction. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the monument.
- For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened. To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray
- No change on a booking can be accepted after 24hrs to the starting time of the tour. In that instance, no refund will be issued.
- For the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- There is no refund on reservation fees and tickets of monuments that are closed due to event that is out of our control. In that instance we’ll try our best to re-accommodate the tour when the information from the office responsible of the sites visited is given in a timely manner for us to rearrange and inform all clients.
- Pets are not allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.