Vatican Museum Private Tour by Francesca w/ Sistine Chapel + St Peter's Basilica
When in Rome you must include a visit to the Vatican City. Join this 3-hour private tour with your expert guide, Francesca to discover the large art collection in the Vatican Museums, the Pine Cone Courtyard, the magnificent Sistine Chapel and learn more about the Catholic Church in St. Peter's Basilica.
Your tour will begin in the Vatican Museums where you'll enjoy skip-the-line entry and head in to explore the collection of art, sculptures, antique maps, tapestries, Egyptian antiquities and more. Inside the Museum you'll see the stunning Sistine Chapel where you can enjoy the silence and be in awe of the magnificent frescoes that adorn the walls and ceiling.
Stroll around the Cortile della Pigna and marvel at the four meter high bronze statue of a pine cone.
Head to the largest church in the world, St. Peter's Basilica. Notice the immense size as you enter and the opulent interiors. Don't miss Bernini's baldachin on the altar.
This will be a day of history, religion and art.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Cortile della Pigna
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - St. Peter's Basilica
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cortile della Pigna, Vatican City Italy
Enter the marvellous Cortile della Pigna, known as the Pine Cone Courtyard located in the courtyard of the Vatican Museums. The large, ancient bronze pinecone sculpture, four meters high was founded in the Middle Ages at the Baths of Agrippa.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Enter one of the largest art collections in the world at the Vatican Museums with skip-the-line admission tickets. Don't let the size of the museum overwhelm you. Your expert guide, Francesca will lead you around the many rooms pointing out the highlights and sharing stories and history too. You'll see works by the greatest artists like Michelangelo, Raphael, Caravaggio. From Egyptian antiquities to Greek and Roman sculptures. From tapestries to maps, there's something for everyone to see.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Enter into the magnificent Sistine Chapel with your Vatican Museum ticket. Enjoy the silence as you soak up the atmosphere and admire the stunning frescoes which adorn the ceiling and walls. Marvel at the work of the great artist, Michelangelo.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Across the river Tiber and the center of Rome is St Peter's Basilica located on Vatican Hill. On arrival be wowed by the grand scale of the church, the largest in the world with the largest dome too. On entering the Church the size will be more apparent. Marvel at the bronze 'baldachin' at the altar, 28 meters high designed by Bernini and the opulent interior.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Vatican Museums, 00120, Vatican City
Return Detail :Saint Peter's Square, Forum Sancti Petri, Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.