VATICAN MUSEUMS & ROME HIGHLIGHTS: Private Shore Excursion from Civitavecchia
This tour is for those who would like a complete overview of the beautiful city of Rome and have only one day. We’ll greet you directly below the gangway of your ship and after about a 75 minute drive from the pier the adventure will begin by visiting the main sites of Rome: St. Peter’s Basilica, the splendours of Ancient Rome like the Coliseum, the Palatine, the Roman Forum, the Circus Maximus, the Pantheon...you’ll make a wish throwing a coin into the Trevi Fountain, then off to Navona Square, Venice Square, the Spanish Steps and more!
At the end of the tour, you will be taken back to Civitavecchia Port.
The most efficient way to get the best of Rome within a limited time span is to book a private day tour which helps optimize your time.
The Vatican Museums are closed on Sundays.
per adult from
What's included :
- Civitavecchia Port pick-up and drop-off
- Licensed tourist guide on request
- Private transportation by luxury air-conditioned Mercedes vehicle
- Priority access (skip the line tickets) to St. Peter's Basilica and Sistine Chapel
- 1 to 7 people in a private vehicle
- Permission to enter port area;
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Your driver will greet you directly below the gangway of your ship with a sign with your name. You will enter the Vatican Museums. The Vatican Museums feature one of the world’s largest art collections, including Renaissance masterpieces and stunning classical sculptures. You’ll follow your guide through The Gallery of Maps, Raphael Rooms, Tapestry Gallery and other impressive rooms.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
The Coliseum is the main symbol of Rome. It is an imposing construction that, with almost 2,000 years of history, will bring you back in time to discover the way of life in the Roman Empire. During the Roman Empire and under the motto of "Bread and Circuses" the Roman Colosseum (known then as Flavian Amphitheatre) allowed more than 50,000 people to enjoy its finest spectacles. The exhibitions of exotic animals, executions of prisoners, recreations of battles and gladiator fights kept the Roman people entertained for years.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Piazza Navona, 00186 Rome Italy
Piazza Navona is one of the largest squares in the city. The space is incredibly popular among tourists for one primary reason: Bernini’s “Fountain of the Four Rivers.” Built to represent The Nile, The Ganges, The Danube and Rio de la Plata, the structure now sits amidst the artists who arrive to peddle their wares on a daily basis.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Pantheon, Piazza della Rotonda, 00186 Rome Italy
A true masterpiece to admire on your tour of Rome: The Pantheon. Immaculately preserved and seemingly just a few centuries old, it is difficult to believe that the structure was finished in AD 128 by Emperor Hadrian. In the square in front - a gathering place for locals – discover a decorative 16thcentury fountain sitting beneath the Egyptian obelisk.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Trevi Fountain, Piazza di Trevi, 00187 Rome Italy
The Trevi Fountain is the largest and one of the most famous fountains in Rome. Hidden down the narrow backstreets of the city, Trevi Fountain is a secretive masterpiece, and perhaps the most spectacular fountain in Rome. Built at the end of one of the famed aqueducts that supplied the Roman Empire with water, this iconic setting attracts many visitors. Toss a coin into its waters to ensure a safe return to Rome at some stage in the future.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Piazza di Spagna, Rome Italy
VISIT + 1.5 HOURS FREE TIME.
You will proceed to the Spanish Steps, one of the biggest tourist spots in the city. As you stand and admire the Church of Trinità dei Monti, which sits at the top of a famous stairwell with the Fontana Della Barcaccia at its foot, you will wonder how they were ever able to complete it. The driver will drop you off with the guide and pick you up for the final transfer in the same place.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Civitavecchia Port, 00053, Italy
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- USEFUL INFORMATION FOR VM VISITORS: Entry to the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica and the Vatican Gardens is permitted only to appropriately dressed visitors. Low cut or sleeveless clothing, shorts, miniskirts and hats are not allowed. - San Pietro is closed at the following times: Wednesday: 08:00-12: 00, 24 and 31 December; - During these periods the tour will visit other parts of the museums; - The Vatican can get very crowded all year round. June, July and August are particularly busy as they are the high season months; - All visitors must go through airport-style security. During the high season the wait can last up to 30 minutes.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.