Venice: Doge's Palace guided tour and gondola ride
Visit the Doge’s Palace with the Bridge of Sighs and then get on gondola to explore the Grand Canal!
The experience starts with the guided visit to the Doge Palace: the expert guide will show you the incredible halls of the power and the residences of the most powerful dignitaries of the Venice Republic.
You’ll see the golden staircase, the stunning “Last Judgment” by Tiepolo and then you’ll cross the Bridge of Sighs to go down to the Venetian Prisons.
In the afternoon get on gondola and admire the Grand Canal in all its beauty: you’ll see the Mozart House, Fenice Opera House, Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Santa Maria della Salute Church and, at end, you appreciate a marvelous overview of Piazza San Marco.
This is the only gondola ride with commentary aboard that will explain the itinerary step by step.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Guided tour of Doge's Palace - Skip the line ticket
- Audio-receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people for the Doge’s Palace.
- Shared 30 minutes gondola ride with commentay by mobile app or brochure
- Multilingual assistance for embarkation
- Entry/Admission - Doge's Palace
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick up
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
The tour starts in the marvelous Saint Mark's Square where there is the imposing Doge's Palace
Stop At: Doge's Palace, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30124 Venice Italy
An unmissable guided tour to discover the Doge Palace: the most important palace of the Venetian Republic, where you will see how Venice was ruled during the golden centuries. Be stunned by hundreds of artistic masterpieces in its spectacular rooms, paintings and sculpture from the best of Venetian artists.
Cross the Bridge of Sighs and go down in the old Venetian prisons and feel the anguish of the prisoners. Here also Giacomo Casanova was jailed.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Canal Grande, 30100 Venice Italy
After the Doge Palace tour, you will get on gondola for an amazing promenade through the lovely waterways and the magnificent Grand Canal with its historical palaces which belonged to the Doges and rich families. During the itinerary you will admire Mozart’s and Desdemona's House, La Fenice Theatre, Rio de le Ostreghe and on the Grand Canal, the Peggy Guggenheim Collection Palace, La Salute Church, Punta della Dogana and a breathtaking overview of Saint Mark’s basin. Comfortably seated on your special boat you will listen to the mobile-app narrating history and legends of the attractions around you: 10 points of interest described in your languages!
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: Torre dell'Orologio, P.za San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
2: Venice Tours Assistance Point, Calle larga de l'Ascension, 1257, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :10:45 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- For security reasons suitcases, backpacks or large bags are not allowed inside the Doges’ Palace, the storage service is free of charge.
- Each gondola can host maximum 6 people; the seat aboard cannot be chosen but will be assigned by the gondolier depending on guest's weight
- The tour does not operate in case of exceptionally bad weather (in these cases it can be postponed the days after otherwise it will be refunded)
- The Gondola ride is at 4:00 PM. Please, consider the gap between the two tours
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- The customers health is the most important matter for us, the tour operates in according to the Covid-19 National directives in order to guarantee the experiences in a safe environment.
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned, and the tour will leave with small groups.
- We only ask the kindness to bring the own mask in case you need to wear it.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.