Venice: Grand Canal by gondola & St. Mark's Basilica guided tour
The tour starts with the charming gondola ride along the Grand Canal and its hidden waterways where you’ll see the Mozart’s House, Peggy Guggenheim Collection, San Giorgio’s Island and enjoy the breathtaking overview of Piazza San Marco from the water.
The expert gondoliers will drive you in hidden spots reachable only by gondola!
Enter in the breathtaking St. Mark’s Basilica of Piazza San Marco and discover its hidden treasuries. The guide will accompany inside the church telling you its secrets and history of the many artistic masterpieces as the five domes covered by gold.
The Cathedral is known also as the Golden Basilica, due to its incredible mosaics made by pure gold.
Later, enjoy the Audio guide with digital to discover more than 200 Venice Highlights! Download it on your mobile and visit the city at your pace!
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- 30 minutes shared gondola ride
- Skip the line for St.Mark's Basilica
- Glass Craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square.
- Audio-receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people inside the Golden Basilica
- Guiided Tour of the St.Mark's Basilica, terrace and San Marco Museum with a qualifed guide
- Mobile audio guide with digital map with more than 200 Venice highlights
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup
- commentary on gondola
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canal Grande, 30100 Venice Italy
The experience starts with a relaxing gondola ride along the Grand Canal: during the cruise you will admire the magnificent Palaces decorating the richest waterway of the world!
The gondolier will drive you along the most romantic spots and picturesque corners.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Just East Accademia Along Gran Canal, 30123 Venice Italy
Along the itinerary you will admire the Mozart’s House, The Phoenix Theatre and the stunning Peggy Guggenheim Collection Palace
Pass By: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
and then, in the heart of the Grand Canal, you will be stunned in front of the beauty of St. Mark’s basin with the Salute Church, Punta della Dogana, St. Giorgio Island and the incredible overview of the Doge Palace and the Bell tower!
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, Piazza San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
At the end of the gondola ride you will start the guided tour of St. Mark’s Cathedral known as the Golden Basilica, thanks to the mosaics made of pure gold that decora all the church and its five-domes. The guide will escort you in the heart of this byzantine masterpiece explaining its history and the meaning of the artistic artworks in the Cathedral.
This special tour will make you skip all the lines and giving you priority access to the Pala D’oro (golden altarpiece composed by gems, gold and diamonds) and to the Saint Mark’s Treasury: an exclusive collection of relics and precious items collected along the centuries.
Two activities together to make you discover Venice in all its splendor.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Venice, Venice, Veneto
Later, enjoy the Audio guide with digital map to discover the 5 districts of Venice with their best attractions and squares, day or night, on a self-guided tour. Listen to the automatic audio narration of the city’s highlights, with more than 200 points of interest!
Departure Point :Calle larga de l'Ascension, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The tour does not operate in case of exceptionally bad weather, high/low tide (in these cases it can be postponed the day after otherwise it will be refunded)
- The Golden Basilica Tour does not operate in case of unplanned religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed the day after otherwise it will be refunded)
- Each gondola can guest maximum 6 people; the seat aboard cannot be chosen but will be assigned by the gondolier depending of guests weight
- For the visit of the Basilica suitable clothing is required (no shorts)
- You must download the audio guide with digital map on your mobile phone
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- You will receive the audio guide with digital map by e-mail. If you have any problems with this, please come to Venice Tours office (San Marco 1130) for assistance.
- On Sundays, feast days and in case of unplanned religious celebrations the Basilica tour foresees the visit with direct access to the Terrace and to St. Mark's Museum situated on the first floor. Due to the Holy Mass taking place at the ground floor, in those festivity days it is possible to admire the mosaics partially from the first floor.
- Due to the security reason, luggage and bags are not allowed inside the Basilica
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.