Venice Skip the line Doge's Palace & St Mark's Basilica guided Tour
Combined guided tour of the Doges Palace and Saint Marks Basilica. This combined walking tour lets you explore and hear stories of the Venetian Doge and his palace and the beautiful golden Basilica. It is composed into two parts and allows you to discover the places and history of the city of Venice, its Doges and its Byzantine art. Don't waste your time and skip the line with our local guide.
Choose your language and between the morning or afternoon departure!
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entrance fees
- Multilingual tour provided in: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian
- Entry/Admission - Doge's Palace
- Entry/Admission - Ponte dei Sospiri
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Entry/Admission - Museo Correr
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Pick up & Drop off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
Our guide will accompany you to the Doge’s Palace, which dominates Saint Mark's Square, the heart of Venice, standing out for its size and its extraordinary structure, where Byzantine, European and Oriental architecture collide. Immediately entering the Palace you will pass through the great courtyard and admire the wealth of detail on the famous Golden Staircase.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Doge's Palace, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30124 Venice Italy
Once inside the Palace, you will visit the halls where the Duke (Doge) and his Council controlled the fate of the Serene Republic, whilst surrounded by hundreds of artistic masterpieces and discover the political history of Venice and its people. You will be able to admire the paintings realised by some of the most important artists of the Italian Renaissance, amongst them, the world's largest oil painting by Tintoretto.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ponte dei Sospiri, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30100 Venice Italy
Passing through the famous Bridge of Sighs, you will reach the new prisons. The bridge was given its name by the English poet Lord Byron, probably referring to the last breath of the prisoners, who had their last view of the lagoon and of Venice from the window of this bridge, before they were to be imprisoned.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, Piazza San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
During the second part of the tour you will visit the Basilica, once the private chapel of the Doge of Venice, and the only one of its kind in Italy, thanks to the sumptous golden mosaics and impressive marble inlay flooring.
During the tour you will be able to sit down in the church and absorb the atmosphere whilst listening to your guide who will describe the biblical scenes represented throughout the building, together with history and particularities of this ancient Basilica.
The tour includes the visit of the famous Pala d'Oro, an altarpiece made of gold and silver and an exquisite example of Byzantine art with a myriad of gems and precious stones.
This 2 hour combined tour concludes outside the Basilica, in Saint Mark's Square.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Museo Correr, Piazza San Marco San Marco 52, 30124 Venice Italy
At the end of the tour, keep your Doge's Palace ticket to visit on your own: Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana in Saint Mark's square, opposite side of the Saint Mark's Basilica.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Torre dell'Orologio, P.za San Marco, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
2: Calle larga de l'Ascension, 1256, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Departure Time :10:45 AM
Return Detail :Carta Gate, P.za San Marco, 1, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Back packs are not allowed inside the Basilica and the Doges Palace
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- In case of high tide, the tour will not be able to enter inside the Basilica (the tour will not be cancelled, the guide will describe the inside of the Basilica to you from the outside)
- From the 1st of November to the 31st of March there is no skip-the-line entrance to the Basilica.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.