Via Ferrata of Sass de Stria
The tour allows you to experience first-hand the horrors experienced by soldiers during the First World War, but also allows you to have wonderful views and panoramas on Cortina d'Ampezzo and all the Dolomites.
A tour, suitable for everyone, which perfectly combines historical and landscape / naturalistic aspects.
A tour for those who do not want to limit themselves to visiting the Dolomites, but also want to live deeply and intensely!
per adult from
What's included :
- Safety equipment (helmet, harness and via ferrata kit), frontal battery
- All Fees and Taxes
- Accompaniment by the UIAGM Alpine Guide
What's excluded :
The Sass de Stria via ferrata is an easy equipped route that allows us to visit one of the places where the First World War most raged. More than the technical difficulties, quite limited, the peculiarity of the course is undoubtedly historical, naturalistic and scenic. Once we reach the top, we will descend along the trenches and fortifications still present today on the mountain ridge.
A day in which we will find tunnels, trenches and workstations dating back a hundred years, equipped with a headlight, helmet and harness. A day to live and to touch the horrors of war, a day not to forget ...
• Monte Sass de Stria, Cortina d'Ampezzo Italy
• Villaggio Edelweiss (Edelweiss Stellung), Localita Passo Valparola SNC, 32043 Cortina d'Ampezzo Italy
Departure Point :Falzarego Pass, 32043 Cortina d'Ampezzo, Province of Belluno, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 5 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.