Vietnam Intro 9
- Cruise on a rickshaw through the crazy capital of Hanoi, meet the friendly locals, sample the delicious street food and immerse yourself in the fascinating daily life of this awesome city.
- Experience the world heritage listed and stunning natural wonder of Ha Long Bay, cruise on beautiful emerald green waters through towering limestone islands topped with rainforest, go kayaking through caves and stay overnight on your own private island!
- Experience a Local Homestay in the beautiful countryside of Ninh Binh with a Riverboat trip through the rice paddies and a 450 step climb to the amazing Dragon Mountain viewpoint.
- Wander through Hoi An, Vietnam’s most relaxed and beautiful town, learn to cook delicious Vietnamese food before being guided through coconut groves by traditional fisherman and fishing for crabs!
9 days, 8 nights
- Airport Pickup
- 8 nights accommodation
- All Activities
- All Transport
- Western & Local Guides
- Help With Onward Travel
- Day 1 : Arrive and meet the GroupWe'll pick you up from the airport and take you to the Hostel in Hanoi. You'll then have plenty of time to recover from your flight, chill out and meet everyone in your group.Meals :NoneDay 2 : Hanoi City TourDiscover what makes the chaotic capital of Vietnam so special with a Walking and Rickshaw Tour of the city. Experience the bustling streets, fascinating culture and delicious street food. We’ll then head out for dinner and experience some of Hanoi’s best nightlife!Meals :BreakfastDay 3 : Ha Long Bay Overnight BoatWe’ll depart early for our amazing 3 Day / 2 Night Boat trip to the stunning natural wonder of Ha Long Bay. We’ll cruise on beautiful emerald green waters on our traditional Vietnamese ‘junk’ boat through towering limestone islands topped with rainforest. We’ll go explore Ha Long Bay by kayak then spend the night on the boat under the stars.Meals :Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDay 4 : Ha Long Bay Private Island StayContinue soaking up the natural beauty of Ha Long Bay throughout the day before arriving at our own private island! Chill out in a hammock, play some beach volleyball or just relax on the beach and work on your tan.Meals :Breakfast, Lunch, DinnerDay 5 : Ha Long Bay & Ninh Binh HomestayWe’ll arrive back from Ha Long Bay mid-morning and then head south to the beautiful countryside of Ninh Binh, a landscape of endless rice paddies and epic limestone mountains. Check in to our unique and amazing local homestay and watch the sunset whilst relaxing in our private riverside bungalows for the evening.Meals :Breakfast, LunchDay 6 : Ninh Binh & Overnight TrainToday we explore the best of the amazing Ninh Binh. We’ll take a bike ride through the countryside before boarding a local row boat and cruising a network of rivers and caves. After some lunch we’ll tackle the iconic 450 steps of the Dragon Mountain Viewpoint for sunset. We’ll then freshen up before boarding the overnight train south to Hoi An.Meals :BreakfastDay 7 : Arrive in Hoi AnWe’ll arrive early morning in Da Nang before taking a short bus ride to Hoi An, one of the most beautiful and fascinating towns in Vietnam. You’ll have time in the afternoon to chill out, do some shopping or even get some clothes made. We then head out and experience some of Hoi An’s amazing nightlife!Meals :NoneDay 8 : Basket Boat Tour with Crab Fishing and Cooking ClassBe guided through coconut groves by traditional fishermen while you try your hand at some crab fishing. We’ll then learn the secrets of preparing delicious Vietnamese food with a traditional cooking classMeals :Breakfast, LunchDay 9 : Fly to Ho Chi Minh City, Trip FinishesAfter a quick transfer back to Da Nang we catch a short flight to the southern city of Ho Chi Minh City and arrive early afternoon. For those on the 9 day tour, your tour finishes today. We recommend adding an extra night in Ho Chi Minh and flying out on day 10. Your Group Leader can organise this accommodation. If you’re flying out on day 9 then please ensure it is an evening flight so you have time to make your connection out of Ho Chi Minh City. If you’re doing the 12-day trip you’ll stay on and discover more of Ho Chi Minh City today.Meals :Breakfast
Airport Pickup is Provided
It’s important to check your visa requirements before entering Vietnam.
Some nationalities including the UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway can enter Vietnam without a visa for a maximum of 15 days.
Other nationalities or those wishing to stay longer than 15 days need a visa for Vietnam and have two options:
Apply for a one month visa at a Vietnamese Consulate nearest to you before you arrive. This requires submitting an application form along with your passport, passport photos and paying a fee, which starts at $60USD for a single entry one month visa. Please allow at least 2 weeks processing time for this visa.
Apply for a Visa Invitation Letter that is emailed to you, which you then print and bring with you to Vietnam. This letter allows you to fly into Vietnam and pick up your Visa on Arrival (VOA) at the airport. This VOA is for one month and is at a cost of $25USD for a single entry and $50USD for a multiple entry and needs to be paid in USD cash on arrival in Vietnam. There are a variety of websites that will provide you this Visa Invitation letter such as www.myvietnamvisa.com They will require you to submit an online application form and pay a fee of approx. $20USD. Please allow at least 4-5 working days processing time for the Visa Invitation Letter.