Viktualienmarkt tasting tour
Trying is about studying - on this tour we enjoy typical delicacies in addition to historical and current background information from various market stalls. A variety of culinary discoveries and delights await you.
Due to our numerous partners on the market, we put together a different selection of tasting stations for each tour. We will no longer eat our market delicacies directly in the middle of the market, but on the edge, as we have more space there.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Tasting at different tasting stations: e.g. Welcome drink, sausage specialties, pretzels, international cheeses, farmer's crust bread, freshly squeezed juice, exotic fruits, antipasti
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Viktualienmarkt 3, 80331 Munich, Bavaria Germany
Viktualienmarkt, who doesn’t make your mouth water at this word? An incomparable aroma unfolds here on 22,000 sqm: delicatessen and vegetables, fish and meat, bread and cheese, flowers and juices, fruit and antipasti, eggs and potatoes. Diversity and the highest quality are what make the market so attractive.
We try delicacies from up to 8 stands and have, for example, prepared these delicacies for you:
• Refreshing or warming organic welcome drink - prepared for you depending on the season
• hearty sausage specialties
• Double-baked farmer's crust bread
• Bavarian antipasti
• Munich's best fresh pretzels
• exquisite cheese variation
• exotic and regional fruit
• freshly squeezed fruit juice
We start our tour at the Isartor, where we are given a welcome drink from the Demeter-certified St. Michaelshof. We walk along the old city wall until we get to the Viktualienmarkt. At Bablers Räucherkistl we can look forward to a plate with smoked sausage specialties. We also serve the famous and multi-award-winning double-baked farmer's crust bread from Bäckerliesl, which, at over 90 years old, is the oldest woman on the market. Of course, vegetarians are not neglected either: we offer an exotic fruit platter from the neighboring fruit and vegetable shop.
Countless stories during the tour lead us through the history of the market to the present: How did the Viktualienmarkt actually come about? When did the market women dance? Where do market people take their goods to in the evening? How do you get to a stand and how much do stand owners have to pay to the city?
At the Sauren Eck we taste fresh antipasti with olives, pickled vegetables and various seasonal specialties. Let yourself be surprised! There are also fresh pretzels - praised by many Munich residents as the best in the city - from Karnoll's bakery and coffee shops. Finally, we have prepared a plate with delicate cheese specialties, because it is known that this closes the stomach. Try Munich's best obazdn and unusual cheeses. To round off the tour, there is still a freshly squeezed juice for each guest.
In addition to trying, we answer your questions, introduce the stands and stand owners and show you some unknown corners of the market.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Isartor, 80331 Munich, Germany
Return Detail :Viktualienmarkt, München, Germany
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 23 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.