VIP Small Group Tour | Vatican Museum Sistine Chapel Saint Peter's Basilica
Take in the magnificence of the artworks held at the Vatican with an art historian guiding you through its history and significance. This excursion keeps the group size limited to ensure you receive a more personalized experience versus the big group tours. This tour includes skipping the line access to the Vatican museums, a guided visit at the Sistine Chapel, and access to St. Peter’s Basilica to explore on your own (visit is not possible when direct access from the Museum is closed). Marvel at the masterpieces in the Vatican with an art historian Skip the long lines with priority access admission Each group is limited to 15 participants. Choose the tour time best suited to you. Tours last about three hours
per adult from
2 hours 3 minutes
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Professional art historian guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Small group guaranteed
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Galleria dei Candelabri
- Entry/Admission - Gallery of Tapestries
- Entry/Admission - Gallery of Maps
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican City, Vatican City, Lazio
Introduction on the Vatican City and Vatican History while entering into the Museum.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Let's get into the history and secrets of the Catholic Church and hear about the rivalry between the Renaissance artists.
Discover the treasures hosted by one of the largest and most-visited museums of the world enriched by a huge number of masterpieces collected through time.
Admire the best of the ancient world visiting the Greek and Roman sculpture section. A collection of classical art masterpieces where admire the beauty of several sculpture groups, as for example the statue of Laocoön and His Sons that is one of the most famous ancient sculptures.
Duration: 1 hour 50 minutes
Pass By: Vatican Gardens, Viale Vaticano presso Musei Vaticani, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Enjoy a spectacular panoramic view of the Vatican Garden
and much more ...
Stop At: Galleria dei Candelabri, 00120, Vatican City
Pass along the Chandelier Gallery, named by the several marble chandelier decorating this section.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Gallery of Tapestries, VA, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Be astonished by the elegant Tapestry gallery, wallpapered by the finest tapestry worldwide, realized by Raphael's disciples.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Gallery of Maps, VA, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
Visit the Maps Gallery, a complete exhibition of maps representing Italy as it was seen by cartographer in 1581.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Admire the major representatives of Italian art such as Leonardo, Perugino, Beato Angelico, and many more
Towards the end of this tour you will visit the beautiful Sistine Chapel to admire Michelangelo’s masterpiece: The Last Judgement.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
You will visit the Basilica at your leisure, without the guide. Inside you can admire some Baroque masterpieces and the breathtaking Pietà by Michelangelo. You can also enjoy a moment of reflection in the Vatican caves.
Departure Point :Via Leone IV, 6, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :00120, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Customers have a mandatory meeting time stated 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time due to managing and organizational reasons.If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules you will not be entitled to a refund.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and Vatican Museum. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- To get inside the monuments it is used group ticket and not individual one. It cannot be asked just the ticket entrance.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The activity can suffer 20/30 min variation due to organizational resons
- Please be advised capacity regulations and security may delay the tour departure This could also influence the smooth running of the tour especially on national holidays and events.
- Cancellations, changes or issues due to weather, security and events held by the monument are beyond our control and are directly decided by their administration team. These issues will be reviewed by us and dealt with on an individual basis but are the responsibility of the monument.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- You must have a valid photo ID to enter the monuments (student's ID, Driver License, Passport or State ID all work.) You will be asked to also provide your name, last name and date of birth (at the beginning of the tour, if not provided beforehand.) Security may prevent you from entering the site if the information provided is not accurate and/or don't match the one on your ID.
- Child discount is applied only with a valid ID card
- Note: tour will not operate on religious holidays
- Acces to the Basilica is possible only when direct access from the Museum is open. WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE TO VISIT THE BASILICA DURING RELIGIOUS HOLIDAYS AND CEREMONIES (Audiences, Beatifications, Masses of the POPE). The Basilica is often subject to sudden closures.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- All visitors must pass through the monument/attraction security check please allow at least 20 minutes to clear security.
- Please be aware that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the monument/ attraction. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the monument.
- For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened. To facilitate the security checks please insert any object (including mobile phone) in the bag/backpack or in the tray to be included in the X-ray
- No change on a booking can be accepted after 24hrs to the starting time of the tour. In that instance, no refund will be issued.
- For the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Pets are not allowed
- Not recommended for traveler with motor difficulties and walker users
- We kindly inform you that any kind of disability (visual impairment, hearing impairment,... ) or anything that might prevent you to regularly join the tour, MUST BE communicate in advance to our staff
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers at the Museum entrance
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.