VIP Underground Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill Skip-The-Line Guided Tour
Our goal is to make the best tour experience for our customers. Privileged entry with skip-the-line access to limit the waiting in line time spent usually when visiting the famous Colosseum. We set a limit in our group size so that the tour guide has time to answer the questions of each and any of tour participants.
We have carefully chosen the best tour guides so that our clients get the most out of every tour. Their local expertise brings added value to our tours and main goal of achieving the best satisfactory experience for each client.
Be guided by a professional expert local tour guide through the symbol of the eternal city of Rome with a full tour of Colosseum and its underground mysteries, with privileged Skip-The-Line entry.
Explore the history beneath Colosseum, underground tunnels where gladiators would fight and lions where kept caged before released in the arena.
Admire the magnificent Roman Forum & Palatine Hill.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Underground Colosseum Privileged Entrance Ticket
- Priority Entrance for Colosseum Arena Floor
- Priority Entrance for Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Official Tour Guide
- Exclusive Partner Entrance Access
- Colosseum tour headset
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
What's excluded :
- Any Private Expenses
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
The Colosseum, also known as the Flavian Amphitheatre, is an oval magnificent architecture in the center of Rome, built of travertine, tuff and brick-faced concrete. It is the largest construction ever built in ancient Rome. It is situated just east of the Roman Forum. Emperor Vespasian began the construction in 72 AD and was completed in 80 AD by its successor Titus.
Our full Underground Colosseum tour offers exclusive access to a world renowned site that few visitors get to see including the two tier subterranean marvelous network of ancient tunnels, known as the hypogeum, which people are familiar from the Steven Spielberg’s move “Gladiator”. Discover the hidden world of the labyrinth of jailed cages which held tigers and lions and other animals gathered all around the world by the Roman Empire. There are 80 vertical shafts used to lift animals and gladiators simultaneously to the magnificent arena floor which represent a marvelous engineering expertise. The bloody arena has a dark side since more than five hundred thousand people battled to death and over one million animals got slaughtered in the processes.
Colosseum Arena Floor
The original arena construction was 83 meters by 48 meters. It consisted of a wooden floor covered by sand, covering an elaborate underground structure called the hypogeum “underground”. The hypogeum was not part of the original construction but was ordered to be built by Emperor Domitian.
The hypogeum was connected by underground tunnels to a number of exits outside the Colosseum. Animals and performers were brought through the tunnel from nearby stables. Separate tunnels were provided for the Emperor and the Vestal Virgins to permit them to enter and exit the Colosseum without needing to pass through the crowds.
Enormous quantities of ingenious machinery also existed in the hypogeum. There is evidence for the existence of major hydraulic mechanisms and according to ancient accounts; it was possible to flood the arena via a connection to a nearby water canal.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
The roman Forum also known Forum Romanum is a plaza surrounded by the ruins of several important ancient Rome governments buildings at the center of the city. Originally a marketplace, the citizens of the ancient city referred to this place as the Forum Magnum. Dive yourself in the ancient culture to learn the way of life Rome’s predecessors lived.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
The Palatine Hill is the only hill from the Seven Hills of Rome situated in the center of Rome. It is the most ancient places of the city, 40 meters above the Roman Forum, looking down upon the Circus Maximus. Augustus Imperial palaces were built here.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Colosseo Metro Caffe, Piazza del Colosseo, 58, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Palatine Hill, 00186 Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.