Visit to local market & fishing village
If you want to have a local activity, visiting markets and fishing villages in order to escape common tourism this is the activity for you. You will feel like a local with Cátia. You will see traditional products and get historical explanations about them. You will visit a fishing village that has not yet been overexploited by tourism. Opportunity to have fish from the Portuguese coast (not included in the price)
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- We will meet at the entrance to the "Temporary Market of Bolhão", a place where local traders currently sell their traditional products in a typical and engaging environment. During the tour of the market, I will explain the history of various products and their importance in the past, but also in the present for Portuguese culture.
Then, with the car as a means of transport, we will visit a fishing village, near the mouth of the river, where we can enjoy a local and relaxed atmosphere. At a local restaurant, you can have a variety of fresh fish, caught by local families, or another menu of your choice (fish, meat, seafood or vegetarian). LUNCH IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE EXPERIENCE, however, the prices are affordable, as it is not a tourist spot.
Saturday morning is the day of the local market in the fishing village, making the environment even more attractive.
After lunch, we will calmly return by car along the river to the center of Porto and end our experience.
Departure Point :Rua de Fernandes Tomás 524, 4000-033 Porto, Portugal
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.