Visit Tomar and have a coffee on a short tour with a local guide!
On this tour, you will get to know what makes Tomar's city centre so special.Get acquinted with the stories, the corners and the most notable of places. Everything provided by the perspective of a local.
per adult from
1 hour 15 minutes
What's included :
- Breakfast - A delicious expresso
What's excluded :
In what might seem like a “fleeting visit”, this tour shows you the essential parts of the beautiful old streets of downtown in a fun and relaxed showcase of different epochs that marked the town. Starting at the “Green Lungs” of Tomar , formerly known as the “Convent’s fence” as it flanked the Convent, the Mata dos Sete Montes, where we will be greeted by the beginner of the Portuguese Empire, Infante D. Henrique. Going down the Cândido Madureira Street we will reach the Trays’ roundabout. We will take a left to the Levada Street where we will learn more about the old factories that took place there and the importance of the Nabão river to the city. Passing by the Saint Iria’s Convent and with its legend still resounding through the streets, we will walk towards the fantastic green garden Mouchão. Returning to the Serpa Pinto street, the main and most emblematic street of Tomar, we will make our way to the main square having the scenic image of the Castle and the Convent of Christ in the background. Reaching the main square, last stop of our itinerary.
• Mata Nacional dos Sete Montes, Avenida Doutor Candido Madureira, Tomar 2300-531 Portugal
• Ponte de Dom Manuel, Rua Marques de Pombal, Tomar 2300-474 Portugal
• Mouchao Parque, Rua Parque, Tomar 2300-586 Portugal
• Synagogue of Tomar, Rua Dr. Joaquim Jacinto, 73 The synagogue has been renovated and is now open for visitors, Tomar 2300-577 Portugal
• Republic Square, Praca da Republica, Tomar Portugal
Departure Point :Avenida Dr. Vieira Guimarães 1, 2300 Tomar, Portugal
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/6/2019 - 10/2/2021
Monday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Tuesday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Wednesday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Thursday: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM Friday: 09:00 AM - 08:00 PM Saturday: 09:00 AM - 08:00 PM Sunday: 09:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.