Visit Top 5 Museums In Chennai
Chennai is one of the four major cities of India and is also the capital of the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is famous for its numerous temples and colorful silks. On this tour explore some of the museums of Chennai that showcase collections ranging from the days of the Pallava Kings to the present day.
• Chennai Rail Museum
• Government Museum
• Fort Museum
• Birla Planetarium
• Cholamandal Artists’ Village
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Optional: Lunch
- Entry/Admission - Chennai Rail Museum
- Entry/Admission - Government Museum
- Entry/Admission - Fort St. George
- Entry/Admission - Cholamandal Artists' Village
What's excluded :
- Food or drink, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chennai Rail Museum, New Avadi Road ICF Furnishing Division, Chennai (Madras) 600038 India
You will be picked up from fixed point / hotel leave for sightseeing.
The Chennai Rail Museum houses vintage engines and coaches that date back more than a hundred years. The museum has two galleries and several outdoor heritage exhibits that date back to the 1800’s. The museum also has several working scale models of various trains and rare artifacts from the colonial period. Visitors can also enjoy a ride on a Toy Train.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Government Museum, Pantheon Road, Chennai (Madras) India
The Government Museum is a museum of human history and culture located in the neighborhood of Egmore. Started in 1851, it is the second oldest museum in India after the Indian Museum in Kolkata. It is particularly rich in archaeological and numismatic collections. It has the largest collection of Roman antiquities outside Europe. Among them, the colossal Museum Theatre is one of the most impressive. The National Art Gallery is also present on the museum’s premises. Built in the Indo-Saracenic style, it houses rare works of artists like Raja Ravi Varma.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Fort St. George, St. George Street, Chennai (Madras) India
Another museum that you will visit is the Fort St. George Museum that was opened to the public in 1948. The museum began with a small collection of objects of the British Raj donated by the then Madras Presidency Government, the St. Mary's Church authorities, the disbanded army units and others. Over the years many objects were acquired by various means and there are now 3 661 registered antiquities in the collection. The best among them are on display in ten galleries of the museum.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cholamandal Artists' Village, Injambakkam, Chennai (Madras) 600041 India
End the tour with a visit to the Cholamandal Artists' Village that is spread over 10 acres of land just outside Chennai. It is India’s largest self-supporting artists’ village and one of the most successful in Asia.
Once your tour will be finished you will be driven back to fixed point / your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
From your hotel in ChennaiAirports
- Chennai International Airport, Grand Southern Trunk Rd, Meenambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600027, India
- 1 Rajaji Salai, Chennai Port Trust, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600001, India
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking.
- Children below 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen and hats are highly recommended.
- Name and gender as on passport, passport number, expiry date and country of issuance are required at time of booking. Please carry the passport on the day of the tour.
- Most museums remain closed on Mondays, Fridays and National Holidays.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.