Visit Walkabout Wildlife Sanctuary
The real Australian bush alive with the friendliest wildlife in Australia, plus ancient Aboriginal sites, only an hour from Sydney. Walkabout Park is a real working wildlife sanctuary.
per adult from
1 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Includes: Ranger-led animal encounters throughout the day
- Includes: Option to walk the tracks to ancient Aboriginal sites
- Optional Extras: Animal Encounters, Private Ranger, Meerkat Speed Dates
- Snacks - Kiosk-style food available for purchase, or you are welcome to bring your own picnic.
- Entry/Admission - Walkabout Wildlife Sanctuary
What's excluded :
- No public transport and no hotel pick-up and drop off
- Visit: Walkabout Wildlife Sanctuary, 1 Darkinjung Rd Corner of Peats Ridge Road, Calga, New South Wales 2250 Australia
Animals are either free-roaming through 80 acres of fox-proofed bush, or are in camps if they need extra care. Many of these wonderful Australian animals have been rescued and, although now healthy, can't fend for themselves in the wild. Others are part of breed-for-release programs to reestablish wild populations of threatened species. Some, like the farm animals, have an important role to play in Walkabout Park's conservation education programs. Just immerse yourself in the magic of the animals' world, or join in the ranger-led activities including animal encounters and walkabout tours to visit the Aboriginal sites, learn about bush tucker and bush medicine, throw a boomerang. Or you can take a map and head out on your own to explore the tracks, or sit back with a coffee at the visitor center with the emus and kangaroos.
Departure Point :Walkabout Wildlife Sanctuary, 1 Darkinjung Rd Corner of Peats Ridge Road, Calga, New South Wales 2250 Australia
Departure Time :10/1/2020 - 3/31/2022
Monday - Sunday: 09:30 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Adult age 16+
- Child age 3-15
- No charge for infants age 0-2
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- If you are using a wheelchair or pram, please note that paths on the Animal Loop are uneven compressed earth, and tracks to the Aboriginal sites are not accessible with wheels.
- This experience goes ahead in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 999 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.