Visiting UNESCO Site - Kizhi Island (Off season Private Tour)
This program is a wonderful alternative to visiting programs with departure from Petrozavodsk during the muddy season (when the ice on Onega Lake is too thin to safely transport tourists on an air-cushion ship). The program is in high demand during the New Year and Christmas holidays.
07:00 - Picking up a group at the railway station, departure to Velikaya Guba village.
07:00 - 11:00 - Transfer.
11:00 - Excursion on the way from the village of Velikaya Guba to the island of Kizhi.
11:30 - Arrival to the island of Kizhi.
11:30 - 14.30 - Excursion on the main exposition "Masterpieces of Kizhi Island", coffee break + traditional bakery + Master Class on Traditional Crafts / Visit to the Museum's Carpentry Center (optional) / interactive game program (upon your choice).
14:30 - Departure from the islands of Kizhi.
20:00 - Arrival in the city of Petrozavodsk.
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional English-speaking guide assistance. Other languages upon request
- Driver’s services as per the program (Comfortable car/minivan with A/C)
- Pick up and drop-off (railway station of Petrozavodsk)
- Excursion to the main exposition "Masterpieces of Kizhi Island"
- The program "Traditions of Olonets Tea Party" (tea with 2 kinds of baking + tea drinking traditions)
- Master class on traditional Karelian crafts/Museum's Carpentry Center/game program (upon choice).
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
- Entry/Admission - Kizhi State Open-Air Museum of History, Architecture and Ethnography
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities to guide/driver (optional)
- Soft and alcoholic drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kizhi State Open-Air Museum of History, Architecture and Ethnography, Kirova Sq., 10A, Kizhi 185000 Russia
Car/bus excursion from Petrozavodsk to the village Velikaya Guba will acquaint you with interesting facts from the history of the region, its traditions, nature and remarkable places of Zaonezhie. Guests will be taken to the island of Kizhi by the hovercraft, where you will get acquainted with one of the main visual symbols of Russia - the architectural ensemble of the Kizhi Pogost. As part of the excursion program on the island of Kizhi, you will have a sightseeing tour of the main exposition, acquaintance with the traditions of the Olonets Gubernia drinking tea and an optional program: a master class on traditional crafts / a visit to the Kizhi museum's carpentry centre/ interactive game program.
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Petrozavodsk-Pass, Ploshchad' Gagarina, 2a, Petrozavodsk, Respublika Kareliya, Russia, 185010
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Tour is weather permitting.
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.