Waitomo Caves & Rotorua Small Group Tour including Te Puia from Auckland
One day tour from Auckland to the geothermal wonderland of Rotorua and the beautiful Waitomo Glowworm Caves.
On this tour you will be picked up from the hotel in our modern comfortable mini-bus and driven through the stunning Waikato countryside on a fully guided journey to Waitomo Caves. During the journey to Waitomo you will encounter New Zealand's longest river, beautiful mountains and see several different farm animals along the way.
Once in Waitomo you will explore the ancient and amazing caves with many different cave formations including Stalactites, Stalagmites and Lime Columns before descending even further underground for your Glowworm experience. Board your Glowworm boat for a cruise on the grotto river with thousands of Glowworms above you. Unique for New Zealand for over 120 years, Waitomo Glowworm Caves are a ‘must see’ for any traveller.
We continue our adventure with another fully guided journey south to Rotorua with many more attractions to see along the way, including hydro dams, rivers and more animals. Once in Rotorua we will guide you past many of its famous and historical sites including Lake Rotorua, The Government Gardens, Blue Baths, Thermal Springs and Polynesian Spa. From here we head to one of the most famous attractions in New Zealand, Te Puia Geothermal Park. Once inside the park we stop for lunch and we highly recommend trying the traditional Maori Hangi meal.
After lunch we set off for a fully guided tour around this amazing park to see it's geothermal and cultural wonders. You will see Pōhutu Geyser, Maori Architecture, the Maori craft school, geothermal craters, geothermal vents and even the chance to view a kiwi bird in the kiwi viewing house.
Finally, our guides will take you for some discounted souvenir shopping in town before heading back north on a fully guided drive back to Auckland.
- Fully guided small group return tour from Auckland
- Hotel pick ups and drop offs (specific central Auckland hotels only)
- Entry and fully guided tour of Te Puia
- Entry and fully guided tour of Waitomo Caves
- Glowworm Grotto boat ride
- Refreshments and snacks in the vehicle
- Transport in modern comfortable minibuses
- On screen entertainment during the drive
- Wifi and charging ports available in vehicle
- Add Maori Hangi Buffet Lunch for $35 per person (optional)
- Add Maori Cultural Show for $15 per person (optional)
- Day 1 : Waitomo Caves & Rotorua Tour including Te Puia from Auckland (small groups)Highlights: Fully guided tour from Auckland in small groups, Waitomo Glowworm Caves 1 hour guided tour, secret wildlife stop, kiwiana capital of NZ, Rotorua City Tour, Te Puia guided tour, Maori Arts and Crafts Institute, Pohutu Geyser, Kiwi viewing encounter, Maori cultural show (optional extra), Fitzgerald Glade, Tirau, souvenir shopping, Hauraki Plains, Waikato River, refreshments and snacks provided, lunch stop at a kiwi style restaurant. Tour departs time: 6am, Tour duration: 12-13 hoursMeals :None
Hotel pick-ups are from the below hotels only, starting up to 20 mins before your tour time. Please see below what group your hotel is in and what your pick-up time is. Please be waiting in your accommodation's lobby or outside no later than this time to avoid missing your pick up. Guides have multiple pick-ups so can on occasion run up to 10 minutes late. Guides cannot wait for late passengers as it will mean the entire group is at risk of missing out, so please be waiting and ready (5-10 minutes before your listed time is highly recommended).
Group 1: 20 minutes before tour start time.
Sofitel Hotel Auckland.
Group 2: 15 minutes before tour start time.
Adina Apartments, Copthorne Hotel Auckland, Grand Mercure Hotel, Hilton Hotel Auckland, SO/ Hotel Auckland, JUCY Snooze, M Social, Pullman Hotel, Queen Street Backpackers, Waldorf Bankside Apartments, Waldorf Celestion Apartment Hotel, Waldorf Stadium Apartments.
Group 3: 10 minutes before tour start time.
AVANI Metropolis, Barclay Suites, Base Backpackers, CityLife Hotel Auckland, Heritage Hotel Auckland, Ibis Budget Auckland, Rydges hotel Auckland, Stamford Plaza Auckland.
Group 4: 5 minutes before tour start time.
Crowne Plaza Auckland, Scenic Hotel Auckland, Skycity hotel, Skycity Grand Hotel.
Group 5: At tour start time or up to 10 minutes after.
Auckland City Hotel, Cordis Hotel Auckland, Grand Millennium Hotel, Kiwi International Hotel, Waldorf St Martins Aparthotel, YHA Auckland City, VR Hotel.
Passengers that miss their pick up will be required to meet the tour at the tour's first stop at their own expense to continue on the tour. No refunds will be given to late or no show passengers.
Auckland Airport (Butterfly Creek) pick up must be requested and approved by our team in writing to receive your pick up time. Pick up time will normally be 15-20 minutes after the tour start time.
$15.00 NZD per person to add the Maori Culture Perfomance
$35.00 NZD per person to add Maori Hangi Buffet Lunch
$10.00 NZD per person for on board Mobile WiFi
$50.00 Car Seat (Safety Seat for Children)