Walk the George Washington Bridge - and hike the Palisades and view the Hudson!
We shall walk along the side of the heaviest trafficked vehicular bridge in the world (more than 110 million vehicles per year), and transfer ourselves up and on to the Palisades - one of the most prized of our natural resources - and walk through the woods.
You will hear history of the region, including the Palisades itself, as well as some personal stories -since we're walking to my home town!
NOTE: This will walk has a 2 person minimum!
per adult from
What's included :
- One bottle of water per person
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: George Washington Bridge, 179th Street and Riverside Drive, New York City, NY 10033
We shall walk the length of the most heavily trafficked bridge in the world, and learn its history and marvel at the views.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palisades Interstate Park, Palisates Interstate Highway, Alpine, NJ 07620
After crossing the George Washington Bridge, we will enter the Park at the head of the Long Trail. We shall walk along this wooded trail, viewing the Hudson River at many dramatic points, and learn its fascinating history.
Duration: 3 hours
Pass By: Greenbrook Sanctuary, Green Brook Rd Off Sylvan Road, Alpine, NJ 07620
This sanctuary is actually in Tenafly, but for us it's the end of our walk along the Palisades. It's a special preserve, and we shall hear a bit of its history as we pass by it.
Stop At: Tenafly Nature Center, 313 Hudson Ave, Tenafly, NJ 07670-1127
Once we leave the entrance of the Greenbrook Sanctuary, we shall cross over Route 9W and proceed up to the first left turn and walk into the woods - and the Tenafly Nature Center, and hear about how this preserve had its beginnings.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tenafly, Tenafly, New Jersey
After the Nature Center, we shall walk into the East Hill of Tenafly, and down this hill into the Highwood Park Historic District. We shall see many charming homes, including the home of Elizabeth Cady Stanton. We lunch at the Classic Diner in downtown Tenafly.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Guttenberg, Guttenberg, New Jersey
On our way back from the Classic Diner and our lunch, we shall take a bus that travels along the top of the Palisades in Guttenberg, NJ, giving us a great view of Manhattan before taking us through the Lincoln Tunnel to the Port Authority Bus Terminal
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :West 178th Street & Fort Washington Avenue, W 178th St & Fort Washington Ave, New York, NY 10033, USA
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- During this time of Covid-19 a teleconferencing program can be used to ensure we keep our distance. Please bring earpiece to use with your cellphone!
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.