Walking Tour and Rickshaw Ride through The Bazaars of old Amritsar
Amritsar is a city in the northwestern Indian state of Punjab and the holiest city for the Sikh faith. This tour takes you on an exploration of the Old City's colorful bazaars and heritage architecture, partly as a walking tour and partly by rickshaw.
You have the choice of a 11:00 AM or 4:00 PM departure.
• Ram Bagh Bazaar
• Chuda Bazaar
• Darshan Deori (Golden Temple main entrance)
• Baba Bohar (Sacred Banyan Tree)
• Thakurdwara Dariana Mal area
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Rickshaw Ride.
- Food Tasting / light snacks
- Local English Speaking Guide
- 02 bottles mineral water per person.
What's excluded :
- Additional Food and drinks, unless specified above.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Amritsar, Amritsar, Amritsar District, Punjab
You will be escorted from your hotel in Amritsar with your local English speaking guide in a private air conditioned vehicle to the Bazaar Ram Bagh.
Here you will start your walking tour through the bazaar, where you'll see grocery shops selling food grains, cooking oils and other local products. Go down a narrow lane to see seasonal vegetables and numerous varieties of delicious pickles. See the Sikh Temple.
We'll visit some Akharas (resting places for spiritual ascetics) and see the Chuda Bazaar (Bangle Market), where brides come to shop for red and white bridal bracletts.
Then walk past the Baba Bohar, a centuries-old sacred banyan tree that grows in the middle of the Old City's narrow streets. We'll also see the area of Thakurdwara Dariana Mal with ornate carvings based on Hindu mythology, which contains shrines to Lord Krishna.
From here, we will take a rickshaw again, and exit the market area. To conclude, you will be escorted back to your hotel in Amritsar.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Mehar Pura, Amritsar, Punjab 143001, India
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Raja Sansi Airport, Amritsar India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Please note, the food on the street is delicious but does not meet national or international hygiene standards.
- We shall visit popular places with good local reputations, where food is freshly cooked and served (stomach issues can always arise, when traveling in foreign countries - we recommend to taste well cooked food only)
- Dress code - Temples are a sacred house of God and a place of daily worship. To preserve its sanctity and spiritual ambiance one must follow the below dress code within any temple complex:
- Upper Wear: Must cover the shoulders, chest, navel, and upper arms
- Lower Wear: Must be at least below knee-length
- Remove footwear outside the temple. Socks are fine, you can keep wearing them.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.