Walking Tour: Highlight Of Battery Point
Learn about Battery Point from a friendly and knowledgeable guide
Explore the streets, homes and buildings throughout the beautiful suburb
Learn about the whalers, sealers and governors
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional Guide
What's excluded :
- Foods and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Battery Point Sculpture Trail, Hobart, Tasmania Australia
Soak up the elegance, beauty and history of this quiet and exclusive area that was once farmland known as Cottage Green. This tour includes Arthurs Circus and is full of stories including dubious property dealings by Governor Arthur, the fall of the carousing Reverend Knopwood and the ship building tycoon Alexander MacGregor whose finest of grand Georgian homes still stands today.
Battery Point is best appreciated at a leisurely pace on foot with a guide who can bring to life how wealth flowed into Battery Point from the influx of trade and the British Royal Navy shipping timber, wool and rum from the Salamanca docks and warehouses.
This easy walking tour starts at Parliament House and ends in Salamanca Square. Don't forget to ask your guide for recommendations for places you can go after the tour to buy souvenirs, food and beverages.
Departure Point :Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart, 1 Davey St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.