Walking with Dinosaurs along Asturias' coast
The coast between Gijon and Ribadesella in Asturias is also called ‘Dinosaur Coast‘. This is because of the presence of many original dinosaur footprints and fossil bones from dinosaurs and other Jurassic reptiles.
During this tour your private guide will show you around the Jurassic Museum of Asturias, where you learn everything about Jurassic reptiles and dinosaurs in Asturias. Then, you will search for original dinosaur footprints during a short hike along the beautiful coast. You can walk back over the beach and even take a dip in the Cantabrian Sea if you like! Finally, your guide takes you on a stroll through beautiful fishermen village Llastres, where we will end the tour with a delicious lunch.
per adult from
What's included :
- Entrance ticket to the Jurassic Museum of Asturias
- Private guide during the whole trip
- Entry/Admission - Museo Jurasico de Asturias (MUJA)
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Lunch in Llastres (around 20 euros pp, depending on your choice)
- Private transportation (against additional costs, contact us for the possibilities)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museo Jurasico de Asturias (MUJA), Caserio La Rasa s/n, 33328, Colunga Spain
Your personal guide will guide you through the permanent exhibition of the Jurassic Museum of Asturias. After this tour, you know everything about the presence of dinosaurs in Asturias! The museum is build in the shape of a dinosaur footprint and located on top of a hill, beautifully overlooking the Cantabrian Sea. Dinosaurs ‘live’ in the garden around the museum, making this a fun tour for children.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Playa de la Griega, Colunga Spain
La Griega is a beautiful beach with the river Liberdon flowing into the Cantabrian Sea. You can walk over the beach or take a dip in the water.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Yacimiento de Icnitas de la playa de la Griega, Colunga Spain
We either walk over the beach or along the cliffs to search for real dinosaur footprints. These sauropods footprints are among the largest in the world!
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: 33330 Lastres, Asturias, Spain
Your guides takes you for a walk through the harbor and streets of Llastres, one of the most beautiful fishermen villages of Spain. We end the tour with a well-deserved fresh seafood lunch (or another typical Asturian dish).
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Jurassic Museum of Asturias, Rasa de San Telmo, s/n, 33328 Colunga, Asturias, Spain
Departure Time :10:30 AM
Return Detail :Barrio Bajada al Puerto, 8, 33330, Asturias, Spain
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.