Wat Doi Suthep & Phu Ping Palace from Chiang Mai
Discover the ancient Wat Doi Suthep temple and Phu Ping Palace on this half day trip from Chiang Mai. Explore historic monuments in Wat Doi Suthep, enjoy scenic views of Chiang Mai city atop the temple, and visit the royal winter palace was built in1962.
• Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, Chiang Mai's most sacred temple
• Gold spire that crowns the temple & can be seen for miles
• Detailed shrines & pagodas that illustrate Thai history
• Insight into the temple's founding from your expert guide
• Delightful gardens with tropical and temperate flowers in bloom at Phu Ping Palace
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Wat Phra That Doi Suthep
- Entry/Admission - Bhubing Palace
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai
From your hotel, take a private vehicle up 3,500 feet (1,069 m) above sea level to Wat Phra That Doi Suthep
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Doi Suthep 50200 Thailand
Visit one of Chiang Mai's most sacred temples on this half day tour to the beautiful Wat Phra That Doi Suthep. More commonly referred to as just "Doi Suthep" for the mountain it sits on, the temple is a gorgeous example of Buddhist grandeur and gives insights into Thai culture. From the parking lot, you can reach the temple gates either by climbing 306 steps on foot or by riding a cable car to the top. If you opt to go on foot, begin up the intricately carved Naga Serpent Staircase, which is flanked on either side by enormous, colorful serpent carvings that snake down the mountain.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Doi Suthep-Pui National Park, Huai Kaew Road Amphoe Pakkret, Nonthaburi, Doi Suthep 11120 Thailand
At the top of the mountain, you're greeted by a stunning golden spire that crowns the center of the temple and can be seen for miles around. The spire is surrounded by walls of historical murals, which you can spend time admiring before moving on. Learn the myth of the temple's foundation as you pass the shrine to the white elephant that is said to have brought a relic of the historical Buddha to the temple.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Bhubing Palace, Doi Buak Ha, Su Thep, Chiang Mai 50200 Thailand
After visiting the temple's illustrious shrines and pagodas, learning of Doi Suthep's history on the way, continue to visit Phu Ping Palace, the royal winter palace was built in1962 , it has the delightful gardens with tropical and temperate flowers in bloom for all year. After that make the return trip back down the mountain to end your tour.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: McDonald's Night Bazaar Chiang Mai, Changklan Rd, Tambon Chang Khlan, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50100, Thailand
2: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Traveler pickup is offered
Free Door To Door Pick up for our tours at the following location with NO CHARGE - City Center Chiangmai District area (3 KM radius) with namely Night Bazaar, Tapae Gate, Chiang Mai Gate, Suan Dok gate, old city , Huay Kaew Road to Ibis Hotel, Nimmana Haeminda Road & Santitham AreaYou can also join our tours at CHIANG MAI MEETING PIONTS - Mc Donald at Chiangmai Night Bazaar An additional surcharge for hotel pickup outside 3 miles (5 km) radius from the city center is applicable and payable on the day of your activity.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We are committed to ensure the safety of travelers according to the Standard Operating Procedures of the World Health Organization (WHO) Standards
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.