West MacDonnell Ranges- Half Day Trip from Alice Springs
The panoramic landscapes of the West MacDonnell Ranges are extraordinary for their immensity and array of sunburnt oranges, maroons and purples. View spectacular outback scenery and take photos as we travel along through magnificent Outback Country, stopping at the many historic locations. As we depart town, we will stop at the historical Flynn’s Grave Memorial. Enjoy beautiful walks at both Simpsons Gap and Standley Chasm.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from selected Alice Springs hotels
- Experienced local driver-guide
- Comprehensive commentary
- Entry to Simpsons Gap
- Entry to Standley Chasm
- Morning tea
- Travel in a comfortable, air-conditioned coach
- Onboard wifi
- Onboard USB chargers
What's excluded :
- Food and drink not mentioned
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: John Flynn's Grave Historical Reserve, Larapinta Drive 7kms to the west of Alice Springs near Mt Gillen, Alice Springs, Northern Territory 0870 Australia
The John Flynn's Memorial Historical Reserve is just outside of Alice Springs. It is the resting place for the ashes of the Reverend John Flynn, the founder of the Royal Flying Doctor Service.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Simpsons Gap, Burt Plain NT 0872, Australia
Simpsons Gap is one of the most prominent gorges located in West MacDonnell Ranges. Once you arrive at Simpsons Gap, enjoy a guided walk through the towering cliffs to the waterhole. Keep an eye out for black-footed rock wallabies!
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Standley Chasm Angkerle, Larapinta Drive, West MacDonnell National Park, Northern Territory 0872 Australia
Arrive at Angkerle (Standley Chasm), a must see natural attraction of Central Australia. Enjoy a walk along its stony watercourse, where you may see some bird and wildlife that inhabit the area. Afterwards enjoy a morning tea.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups commence prior to the tour start time. You will be collected from the hotel you have selected in the drop down list during the booking process. Your hotel pick-up time will be displayed on your voucher. If you wish to change your pick-up location from the one selected, you must call the operator at least 24 hrs prior to travel. If your hotel does not appear on the drop down list, the operator does not pick-up from your hotel. Please phone the operator to arrange an alternate pick-up time and location.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 21 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays/wipes are available for guest distribution. Group sizes will be continuously reviewed to align with government recommended protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.