White House and Pennsylvania Avenue Architecture Tour
Pennsylvania Avenue has been host to inaugurations, protests and celebrations throughout our Nation's history. But the development of this grand boulevard, connecting the Capitol to the White House, is fraught with conflict and intrigue. Visit the White House grounds, walk Pennsylvania Ave, and learn how downtown Washington went from Murder Bay to America’s Main Street.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - White House
- Entry/Admission - Eisenhower Executive Office Building
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington DC, DC 20500
Meet your guide in Lafayette Square at the statue of General Rochambeau, across from the White House.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Eisenhower Executive Office Building, 1650 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20504-0002
Once the headquarters of the military, still one of the largest granite buildings in the world.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Blair House, 1651 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20503-0005
The President's Guest House has been host to diplomats, dignitaries, and more.
Pass By: Old Post Office Pavilion, 1100 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20004-2501
Once the headquarters of the Post Office, a building steeped in history and disaster.
Pass By: FBI Headquarters, 935 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20535-0001
Washington's most brutal building.
Stop At: The National Archives Museum, 700 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20408-0001
Our National vault for important documents, including the Declaration of Independence and Constitution.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :1661 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20006, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :National Archives Museum, 701 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20408, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by DC Design Tours