Wine & Cava Tasting and Human Tower Festival from Barcelona -Castellers Heritage
Travel by air-conditioned minivan from Barcelona to the Cava Capital, in the Penedès wine-growing region. With an impressive history of wine making that dates back to Roman times, the wine region of Penedès, is home to several prestigious vineyards -- known locally as cellars or bodegas. Spend your afternoon at a Catalan festival, watching an incredible human tower being built!
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Tour of a organic winery, cellar and vineyards
- Wine/Cava tasting (3 wines and cavas) accompanied with Catalan sausage and cheese and olive oil tasting
- Souvenir picture of your human tower
- Professional local guide
- Unique experience
- Watch Human Towers and experience local culture firsthand.
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup optional
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Living It Tours, C/Sant Sadurni, 9 Mataro, 08014 Barcelona Spain
Leave Barcelona by air-conditioned minibus and head to the famous Penedès wine region for an exquisite wine and cava tasting session. Learn all about the region’s strict regulations on grape varieties and sustainable and organic agricultural practices, as you visit a family owned winery. You will see exactly why Catalan wines have acquired such international fame.
After head to a nearby town to experience a local festival. In Catalonia, there’s always a festival taking place somewhere, and the fiesta spirit is central to the region. A major part of many festival celebrations is the human tower displays, known as castells. See this time-honored Catalan tradition for yourself at the festival, and see Catalans of all ages taking part; typically the older veterans comprise the la pinya (solid tower base) while the brave and light anxanetas (usually youngsters) crown the top. Displays have been given UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage status for their unique expression of Catalan culture.
After enjoying the festival at leisure, head back to your minibus and return to Barcelona, where your tour ends.
Duration: 8 hours
Departure Point :Carrer de l'Óssa Menor, 08018 Barcelona, Spain
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :3/1/2020 - 10/5/2021
Friday: 02:00 PM - 10:00 PM Sunday: 09:00 AM - 03:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Small group tour ensures experience local culture first hand
- Note that Spanish law requires children under 10 years to travel in a children's car seat. Infant seats are available by request if advised at time of booking.
- Minors will drink non alcoholics drinks, also made in the winery.
- Minimum age is 6 years
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.