Wine and Gastronomy Tour from Dubrovnik
Sample the foods and wines of South Dalmatia and the Pelješac Peninsula on a 9-hour gourmet lovers tour from Dubrovnik. Meet friendly wine producers at local wineries, cruise to the oyster farms of the picturesque "Mali Ston" Bay and enjoy lunch with traditional recipes from the Dubrovnik region.
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel or port pickup and drop-off
- Local taxes
What's excluded :
- Professional guide with your choice of language: English, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Italian, French, Japanese, Chinese (EUR EUR 160 payable directly on the day of the tour)
- Wine tasting fees, EUR 11 per person per winery payable directly on the day of the tour
- Boat tour to Oyster Farms EUR 35 per person, payable directly on the day of the tour
- Lunch at restaurant of your choice
- Your driver/guide will meet you at 10am at your hotel or in port to drive you to the Peljesac Peninsula, one of the most famous of Croatia’s wine lands.
First you will visit a winery and vineyard in Potomje, owned by the Vukas family, who have been producing wines almost for 100 years. Here, you can sample a range of delicious wines and brandies accompanied by homemade bread, cheese and olive oil, plus sparkling wine with strawberries. Afterwards, the owner will show you around the nearby vineyards and explain how wine is produced in the Pelješac region.
The next stop is the famous Grgich Wine Estate. Owner Miljenko “Mike” Grgich is a legend from the Napa Valley, where he established Grgich Hills Estate as one of the premier wineries in the US. Enjoy a wine tasting complimented by cheese, prosciutto, and anchovies. Located in Trstenik, north of the historic walls of the port of Dubrovnik, Grgich Wine Estate boasts a stunning view over the Mediterranean Sea.
The third winery is owned by Frano Milos, who will share his passion for wine-making and explain how vintage works in harmony with other elements of wine production, such as soil conditions and climate.
Afterwards you have some free time for sightseeing and perhaps an al-fresco dinner in the village of Mali Ston. You also have the option to enjoy a boat tour to see the oyster farms dotted along Mali Ston Bay, or perhaps a tour of the village. Your driver will then take you back to your hotel or the port in Dubrovnik, arriving at 6pm.
This itinerary is flexible based on what you wish you do, and winery and tour fees are not included.
Departure Point :Dubrovnik centrally located hotels or cruise port.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.